Is it possible for Facebook to interfere with internet connection?

johnnyb58

Every time I watch Facebook videos on my laptop, I lose internet conception on my laptop and have to wait for it to reconnect. It doesn’t happen with news videos or YouTube and I think it’s only the laptop. Sometimes I have to close Google Chrome to get it back.

johnnyb58

I switched to Firefox and it seems to be better. Some of the videos still quit when I enlarge them, but the internet connection remains connected with no problems. I didn’t have a lot of time to experiment with it and will need a couple of days, but it looks hopeful.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It may be in issue with your internet connection if you are having problems. Have you done a speedtest lately? Are you getting close to the speed you are paying for? You can also try videos on youtube and other sites.

johnnyb58

It may be in issue with your internet connection if you are having problems. Have you done a speedtest lately? Are you getting close to the speed you are paying for? You can also try videos on youtube and other sites.
I just now did a speed test and it was 100.7 Mbps download. Like I mentioned earlier YouTube seems to be fine. I also just now logged into Facebook on Chrome and it could not connect at all so I'm thinking that something in Facebook is not compatible with chrome or Chrome is messed up.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Reset Chrome and try again. Also look at installed extensions and see if anything unknown is there.

johnnyb58

Reset Chrome and try again. Also look at installed extensions and see if anything unknown is there.
I reset Chrome and everything seemed to run smooth although I had my doubts because I think I did this before about 3 months ago I then watched a 15min Facebook video and I lost internet 3 times. I think I’m switching over to Firefox for everything and see what happens.