Is it possible- speak in mic & hear thr Speakers?

ykbks

hi
is it possible by any means to speak through mic and hear the output through speakers in real time?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'm not 100% sure right off how to do this through Vista, but but in most any other copy of Windows...

Double click the speaker on the task bar to get Volume Control. If you don't see microphone, go to options and properties. At the bottom, check Microphone. Now back to the mixer, you should be able to control your mic's volume. This is NOT the recording volume, but the volume coming to your speakers. To control the recording volume, do the same steps, but select Recording from the properties menu.

irsmart

In vista, right-click on the speaker/volume icon and click "Playback devices". Click on your speakers, then click "Properties". Go to the "Levels" tab and adjust the Microphone volume (and make sure it is not muted).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
In vista, right-click on the speaker/volume icon and click "Playback devices". Click on your speakers, then click "Properties". Go to the "Levels" tab and adjust the Microphone volume (and make sure it is not muted).

Thanks... I need to get a VM of Vista going so I can make references when not using my machines with Vista :p