Is it possible to connect an Amazon Android Tablet to a Windows-based printer?

Tyster

Greetings.

I have an Amazon Android Fire Tablet HD 10. I have a Dell printer that is Windows-based.

Is it possible to connect the Tablet to the Dell printer either WIRELESSLY or thru some sort of CONNECTION?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What model of Dell printer? With Brothers, HP's, and some others they offer a download in the play store to allow printing to enabled printers. With it being a Dell its highly doubtful. But I'll check into it.

strollin

If the printer is connected to a computer, you can use Google Cloud Print to print from any device that can send email. It's not quite as useful as direct printing but with Cloud print, you send whatever you wish to print as an email to the Google server and it will download that print job to your computer and send it to the printer. https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/

corewill2003

Yeah, only if the printer is Wireless. If it's not, try using Google Cloud Print if the printer is connected to a computer.

Darren

Staff member
What model of Dell printer? With Brothers, HP's, and some others they offer a download in the play store to allow printing to enabled printers. With it being a Dell its highly doubtful. But I'll check into it.
Fire tablets only let you install apps from Amazon so that might not be possible. At least last I checked that was the case.

strollin

You used to be able to "side load" apps on a Fire tablet. Is it somehow blocked now?

Side loading is where you get the APK file of an app (usually from the author's website) and download it to the tablet. Once downloaded, you just tap on it and the OS installs the app.