IS IT POSSIBLE to go back to a previous Version of Firefox?

Goldenblack440

HI, i upgraded to Mozilla FF Version 4.01 and now my Real Player downloader doesn't work. Is it possible to go back to Version 4.00? This version was also a lot less cluttered, 4.01 has lots of stuff at the top of the page i don't want to see.

Thanks

strollin

I use RealPlayer downloader all the time with FF 4.01, works fine. Just re-install RealPlayer. 4.0 isn't any less cluttered than 4.01, the menus and toolbars are customizable so you can make it as cluttered or uncluttered as you desire.

Goldenblack440

To T Larkin and User0one, thanks for tips, it was easy, within 10 minutes i was back to Version 3.6. Its great - nice and simple! But does this version have an Auto Update that i can turn off (i couldn't find one in the drop down menus), or does it prompt you first? Or is it just up to the user to upgrade / search for newer versions? Thankyou.

Last edited:

Goldenblack440

Yes i just found it -thanks, as it was set to "Download automatically". Amazing how fast this version loads up -about the same as Chrome now about 5 secs. The Version 4.01 can take up to 45 sec to load up.