is it safe for me to overclock this laptop?

i have an aspire 5 laptop with i5 8250u 1.6hz w/ turbo 3.6ghz, nvidia mx150 w/ 2gb ram and 8gb ram. is it okay for me to overclock my computer coreclock +250 and memory 200+? the heat does not go over 69-72 and is usually around 67f but im not totally convinced that its safe for my laptop to be running like this because of the little knowledge i have on overclocking. i cannot change my fan-speed for some reason assuming it is not compatible with my computer to change it nor the power limit which is why im asking you experts if it is actually immensely degrading my computer to be changing the settings without changing any of the other settings. i have followed all of the guides steps of not going over80-90 degrees and tested to see if the graphics improved without flaws and i can run rainbow six siege at around 80-100 fps which was a huge jump in fps from before and the frames dont drop anymore either after overclocking and want this computer to last for a while.

Darren

Staff member
Overclocking laptops is always a bad idea in my opinion, even high end gaming ones designed for it, and especially not normal ones like yours. It's just not designed for increased thermals and you're going to noticeably shorten the lifespan of your motherboard if you game on it much with it juiced up.

Laquer Head

Good luck overclocking an Acer laptop.

Don't even try, that i5 is plenty fine for most stuff you'd do on a laptop and last thing you wanna do is add even more heat to an already small/confined space. Plus if I'm not mistaken that cpu is already hyper threaded and good enough out of the box in my mind.

Darren

Staff member
Good luck overclocking an Acer laptop.

Don't even try, that i5 is plenty fine for most stuff you'd do on a laptop and last thing you wanna do is add even more heat to an already small/confined space. Plus if I'm not mistaken that cpu is already hyper threaded and good enough out of the box in my mind.
Those U chips are ultra low power consumption so they can get kind of stingy on clock speeds but agreed, it should still be enough and the GPU is weak anyway so for gaming it's pointless.