IS it worth it?

Fire

Right now i have windows XP pro and i have Windows 64 bit sitting next to me ready to install! Is it worth it? Are there any Pro's or Cons? would you do it?

I am basically pondering wether or not to do it!

Fire

alos how do you install? I rebooted the comp and press esc then i went to boot from cd and it never booted! it just loaded windows xp! so what do i do now?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
No it's not worth it.. Unless your interested in beta testing then dont bother.. I slapt it on my system for an evening and after failing to run and even instal several games I said F it. As far as the instal goes you'll have to first go into your bios and set it to boot from CD/DVD rom in boot devices and you should be good to go..

Just to let you know that 32 bit is emulated in the windows 64 enviroment and your better off running your 32bit software in a 32 bit operating system at least until Microsoft has worked out all the bugs and then perhaps more 32 bit software will be able to actualy run on it.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
all it gave me was the .iso file! and what if i want to remove it what do i do?

This is the file I meant for you to get again.. if you still have it then it's possibly still OK but you'll want to burn it again because it sounds as if it didn't burn as a bootable disk. Make sure you use a good piece of software such as nero or somthing.

I'm not totaly sure what you meant by removing it but it sounds as though you meant the 64 bit OS so I'll answer the best I can... It's removed the same way you would remove any other operating system and that's by reformatting. Will you be creating a double boot? I would recommend doing that because if you like the 64 bit OS as much as I did you wont keep it long.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
alos how do you install? I rebooted the comp and press esc then I went to boot from cd and it never booted
Then the CD is wrong or messed up.

No it's not worth it..
Depends on what you're doing. 64bit gaming and video apps work ... um ... in 64bit environments :p And will work significantly better than in their 32bit environment (not to mention Creative drivers arent so stupid in 64bit)

after failing to run and even instal several games I said F it.
LOL kinda like the adge with Windows2000 back in the day, "If it doesnt play on 2K its not worh playing" :p

Just to let you know that 32 bit is emulated in the windows 64 enviroment and your better off running your 32bit software in a 32 bit operating system at least
Very true. It might even be worth if you're really itching to get in and muck around, to dual boot

all it gave me was the .iso file!
Which is what its supposed to do

and what if I want to remove it what do I do?
Same thing you do for any OS. Install a new one/

Verrona

Windows is behind in technology. Linux had a 64bit os for around 3 years now. Get rid of Windows get Linux!!!