Is It Worth It?

Warriorhazzard

Im getting a computer from ibuypower.com with Intel Pentium D processor 960. What I cant decide is what motherboard and if the so expensive Quad-Sli 2x Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2 1GB with Dvi and tv out would be realy worth it.

fade2green514

yea, and why would you get a pentium d instead of a core 2 duo? lol
the 7950gx2 in SLI mode is the best video card setup you can currently get...
in my opinion its not worth it, but some people have other opinions. if you do build it yourself i highly suggest a high end power supply like ocz 700watt gamexstream.
what DEFINITELY isnt worth it, is paying a company to build it for you. it'll be overpriced.

Warriorhazzard

hmmm...

Well I dont realy like the motherboards they are offering and I was thinking of bulding it myself but I really wanted a Nvidia Card (and they dont sell it to the publick ^^) The cards on ibuypower.com are about 1000 for both. Thats why I asked if it was worth it. I saw this motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813121016) that I like too. Also ibuypower.com offers more Nvidia cards but I dont know which one is better.

or do you guys have a good suggestion of a extreme card that I can buy somewhere else?

I plan on running games. I run AA right now with a laptop.(the computer i have) But i plan on running Doom and other games. So I say I would need a nice vid card.

Last edited:

Iluvpenguins

Dude,use newegg if you live in the united states or tigerdirect in canada

They are cheap and reliable.And they aren't ripping you off for profit like best buy and future shop and comp USA

Geoff

VIP Member
Im getting a computer from ibuypower.com with Intel Pentium D processor 960. What I cant decide is what motherboard and if the so expensive Quad-Sli 2x Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2 1GB with Dvi and tv out would be realy worth it.

Dont get that CPU. If you're going to get the one or two 7950GX2's, you deffinetly need a better processor.

In my opinion, I would go with the Core 2 Duo and just one 7950GX2.

TonyBAMF

[-0MEGA-];418039 said:
Dont get that CPU. If you're going to get the one or two 7950GX2's, you deffinetly need a better processor.

In my opinion, I would go with the Core 2 Duo and just one 7950GX2.

Yeah, get a E6600