Is It Worth Upgrading?

Stupendous Man

Am contemplating upgrading my gaming rig. Built it up in early 07. Computer has been good so far, short of a few more recent hiccups (see http://www.computerforum.com/163919-died.html). Other than that I've been experiencing some few random lock ups and restarts. I just did a fresh format and clean install of windows, and problem is still around. As for games I pretty much only play WoW as of right now, but am looking for something else to get into. So really... WoW play ok (still can't seem to max everything), and a few issues here and there but I'm not desperately needing to rebuild my computer I'd say. I'm considering it, and looking for opinions.

Here are the specs of what I have:

Intel E6750 Duo Core
Nvidea GeForce 8800 GTS
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Corsair XMS2 2X2GB PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 CL5-6-6-18
Seasonic S12 ENERGY+ 550W
80G 10K RPM WD Raptor HD (is only drive in comp, and somehow is enough space :D Only Have OS, and WoW installed pretty much. I have a 500G external for any backups, photos and vids)
Windows XP (would like to upgrade either way, pissed I missed the $30 student deal :eek: )
Antec P180 Case

So that's what I currently have. If I were to upgrade I'd be looking to spend not much more than $1000 CAD. That's shipped and taxed. I've ordered from NCIX and like their site setup so that's where i normally shop. What I am wondering is what I'd really gain moving to a new Mobo, CPU, GPU, maybe PSU if I need it, memory and OS. I'm assuming my case will fit current Mobos, and GPU's. I can't imagine me needing a bigger one, it's empty as it is.

I wouldn't mind cranking settings on WoW even in towns and raids. Not sure where the demand is for that game. I'd assume it's more cpu than graphics card being a 5 year old game? Anyway, thanks for any advice, or possible builds. I'd normally spec something out but I feel so far out of the "loop" and am not sure where to even begin.

Stupendous Man

Running dual monitors if that makes a difference on GPU choice or performance. Two matching style of some older Samsungs at 1680x1050 and 1280x1024.