Is MSI a reliable GPU manufacturer?

Knunez

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to order a manufacturer refurbished twin frozr II gtx 560 ti from ebay and after reading some of the reviews from newegg i'm getting kind of worried.
a lot of people have had the card die on them after a few months of use and this is really starting to concern me.
Do any of you have the card,for how long have you had it and does it still work?
and just in case this does happen to me, can I send it back to msi for them to fix it?
thanks-knunez

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
I've not had that card card in particular, but I have used their boards and other cards in the past. So, I know the old MSI is really good quality -> I had an 8500 GT second hand for over 5 years of continuous use before it finally died.
I've never had a board die on me. But this is the old MSI. It's been about 4 years since the last product of theirs I bought.

mx344

yup, I got an msi runnin in my build, overclocked in all. runing great! Got it for 40 bucks too haha.

BurningSkyline

Keep in mind a majority of the users who post reviews on newegg are the people who have had bad experiences with the product. Most people who have good experiences don't take the time to write a review about it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm on my first MSI graphics card here,But so far its been great..runs cool and quiet.

What you have to remember,any card can just fail regardless of its manufacturer,so just because allot of reviewers on newegg said theirs had failed i wouldn't just assume they are no good...and as long as you have a guarantee with it you should not have any problems sending it back as a RMA and getting a replacement.

Darren

Staff member
My MSI motherboard that I got new about a month ago is great! I haven't done any OC or anything like that but I can at least say it hasn't started smoking yet. :)

And +1 to the comment about most of the reviews being written by people that had bad luck. I got perfect parts from my build and haven't written a review about any of them. If I had gotten a bad one, I would of said something. That's just kinda how it works.

Although that doesn't say ignore reviews, they are helpful. If something has all negatives, dont' get it.