Is my computer just dead?

Primex

Seriously, I reformatted my laptop about 6 months ago. For some reason now the computer freezes up and goes slow. Just saving a file took 5 minutes and took up all the CPU. Then suddenly I got the blue screen of death. No one could help me and someone said that I needed to reformat it again. So I did. Then after about a week, the same thing happened after about 5 days. Now it's like it won't stop doing that. It'll work perfectly for about 5-7 days, then for some reason it just does it again. Sometimes I'll get the blue screen of death after just a couple days. I thought I was downloading a virus or something, so I decided to experiment and not connect to my router and not go online at all, but it still did it after 5 days. What's the deal here? Does this happen to computers? I'm going nuts here.

spl00g

just going to think out loud for a second and suggest that maybe it is a conflict with your drivers as far as blue screen goes. Is it possible that the same thing your trying to install causes the issue after you reboot about a week after your reformatting? i've done the same thing before and it ended up being soundcard drivers that weren't liking my system or viceversa so everything slowed unbearably and inevitably bsod every time. so just something to look into. i'd suggest installing things slowly and one at a time see if you can diagnose it from there.