Is my CPU holding me back?

Marko96

Hey
When i run games World of Warcraft, Assassin's creed and so on... i get the same FPS when the game is on Ultra settings as i do when the game is on low. is my CPU holding me back?

i have :
64bit
amd fx-6300 six-core processor
Radeon RX 470 Grafic card
8gb Balistic RAM

beers

Staff member
Depends on the game. A lot of pieces of WoW are CPU based so maybe.

Do you have one or two sticks of RAM?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What fps are you getting on each game? You exceed requirements for world of warcraft. And probably cpu is at minimum requirements for assassin's creed.

Marko96

World of warcraft in raids where there are alot of poeple like 17 - 25 fps on low settings but in assassin's creed i am getting 15 - 30 fps on any settings...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the lastest driver for the video card? Hopefully you didn't install from the included cd as they are usually months old and way outdated.

AlienMenace

I want to thank you also Johnb35 for the link, I just updated to the newest on my card a little while ago.

Jiniix

You shouldn't expect anything from the newest AC game. Even with overclocked i7-5820K and GTX 1080 it struggles to get 60 minimum FPS on 1080p@medium settings.
You should be able to tweak WoW to run better than that though, even in heavy raids. Are you using any anti-aliasing or sun glare effects etc?