Is the G9 a good gaming mouse?

gamerman4

I love my Logitech LX7, awesome battery life (it tells you when the batteries are low and mine have been low for about a month now and it still works), and no red laser.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
Logitech G7 is the best mouse I have ever used. Great battery life. Comes with two batteries and a USB battery charger. Nice button selection and great wireless response, the best I've ever seen. I've had mine for over two years and still works like brand new. If this one ever stops working.....I'll buy another one!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really think any Logitech G series mouse is great. I think you'll be happy with the G9, has great reviews everywhere!

Scubie67

Logitech G7 is the best mouse I have ever used. Great battery life. Comes with two batteries and a USB battery charger. Nice button selection and great wireless response, the best I've ever seen. I've had mine for over two years and still works like brand new. If this one ever stops working.....I'll buy another one!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really think any Logitech G series mouse is great. I think you'll be happy with the G9, has great reviews everywhere!

Yeah Logitech makes good stuff I have been using the marble mouse trackball since 2000 (1 lasted 3 years and this last one 5 years.LOL it has hardly any paint on it ,I dont think trackballs are very good for gaming although they are excellant for everything else ,dont need a lot of deskspace, cord length really doesnt matter as the base stays in one place and no need for a mouse pad .I dread having to relearn using a mouse after all this time getting used to a trackball ,will not be fun :(

Last edited:

Ambushed

I used to have a G5 and I found it crap.

I'm now using a G9 and I find it very good and it looks stylish, abit pricey but it will drop down.

xnyjyh

i had the G7, didnt like it...returned it for the G5 which I've been using for a couple years now...Excellent, especially the 2 thumb button edition, and awesome weight

gamerman4

well my friend has an MX518 and my LX7 (only $40) has pretty much the same dpi (1200) but I think mine is more comfortable, he likes his though so I guess it is preference.

Last edited:

Scubie67

Well I went up to CC and handled both the G5 and the G9 I liked the feel of the G9 much better.I went ahead and got the G9.been playing with it for a few hours now .I really like the way it handles.I have read some mixed reviews of it though with the rubber on the scroll wheel swelling and rubbing after a few months play as well as the larger grip peeling.I think though that people didnt have a problem with getting replacements as logitech is a stand up company.Lots of options in customizing in the software .Most people will probably use only a few changes though.

DirtyD86

banned
i have the g5 and think its worth its weight in gold. the on the fly sensitivity is really useful, but the weights are what did it for me. I have this thing set up EXACTLY how i want it to feel

Scubie67

i have the g5 and think its worth its weight in gold. the on the fly sensitivity is really useful, but the weights are what did it for me. I have this thing set up EXACTLY how i want it to feel

Yes the weights are nice.I put all the heavy ones in for control ;)

Ethan3.14159

I prefer the Microsoft Sidewinder to the G5 and the G9. It has the weights and on-the-fly dpi, but it just feels more comfortable and looks cooler. Plus the thumb buttons are vertical so you don't move your whole hand when pressing one.