Is there a way to get my ethernet IP?

okay

When trying to do something, I went to Control Panel > Network and Intrnet > Ethernet (right click) > Internet rotocol version 4 > Properties, and I changed to "Obtain an IP Address Automaticaly" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically". For some reason, the comptuter is not able to do that, and if I go to Control Panel > Network and Intrnet > Ethernet (right click) > Diagnose, it says that it does not have a valid IP address. Now that leaes me with one question, IS THERE A WAY TO GET ALL OF THEM (IP, subnet, defaul gateway, dns 1 & 2) BACK?! Thanks in advance

okay

ipconfig takes the info from control panel, so the fields which are blank in control panel are also blank in command prompt.

Darren

Staff member
Reset router? Renew connections using ipconfig? Other devices working on the network?

okay

• Reset Router? Router[?] (I will explain) has been reset.
  • Renew connections using ipconfig? I do not know what you mean by that.
  • Other devices working on the network? No.
I am connected to a Brilliant 3100SN wi-fi extender. I was trying to set it up (which is way too unnecessarily hard), and got myself into this dilemma.

Last edited:

okay

No, I was trying to and that led me to this problem. But Kilroy managed to sort it. The assistance is much appreciated!