Is there an in-line Internet disconnect switch on the market?

MissTina

The plan is to attach an in-line switch to the Internet wire going to the tower, and mount the switch beside the mouse, so the tower is connected only for the seconds I need to send and receive.. to limit blackhatter pest activity "windows of opportunity" to a bare minimum, given that I can't keep the bullies out no matter what I do, given that my computer equipment is antiques when there's is 'state of the art'.. Just trying to have a bit of a peaceful life without being bullied daily, hourly..

Is there a foolproof easy way to cut into a plastic two-cables connector, and apply a special switch..?

Is there a way to make a remote control switch that instantly shuts off the Internet connection to the tower..?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, its called disable the internet connection via windows, no switch needed.

cabinfever1977

If you have a firewall and antivirus nobody should be able to get into your computer.

but you could turn your computer sideways so you can unplug the ethernet cord when your not using the internet.

MissTina

I'm not running Windows these days.. The demons hit my Windows PC's too many times with the storm e-virus.. I had to switch to Linux.. Linux doesn't have any screen buttons to shut off the connection, except for SeaMonkey which has a little disconnect icon at the lower right of the window... I'm looking to build-in a hard-disconnect by actually manually switching-off the router wire going to the box, as an efficient alternative to always unplugging the wire from the tower..
I had hoped there was such a switch out there in computer-world, that I could just plug two wires into like how you connect two cables...

"If you have a firewall and antivirus nobody should be able to get into your computer."

Obviously you haven't upset any of the big guys yet.. They can get through the best routers, AVS's, and firewalls like they aren't even there.. then they can bring-up your files to screen in such a way as to give you a insulting message, like they are right at your keyboard... They start their hits by reprogramming the router...

Have you ever witnessed how storm max's out the RAM in a less than a minute..? If storm ever hits the Internet, it will instantly destroy the global economy for a couple months or more, when it erases business records all around the world in a flash.. it's the ultimate bullying of humanity by a very bad person who hasn't a clue what love is, and probably hates everything, even his reflection...

There's no such thing as a secure PC.. Disconnecting minimizes windows of opportunity for the bullies to share their "twisted-love"...

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then unplug your cable or dsk modem or if you have a router unplug it. Some cable modems have a standby switch that will cut internet.

MissTina

But that completely shuts off the router or modem, which takes a lot of time restarting.. it isn't instant nor efficient... Re-plugging in the cable into the tower, the connection is made in just a few seconds.. A hard-switch would be the same..

MissTina

Then unplug your cable or dsk modem or if you have a router unplug it. Some cable modems have a standby switch that will cut internet.

This connection is the latest optical cable combo Net/Phone/TV connection.. the router and modem are combined into one unit, and there aren't any off switches present...
My problem with forever pulling the cables out of the towers is that after about ten pulls the cable's end lock breaks off...

cabinfever1977

heres what you can get,a rj45 switch box:

Ziotek 2 to 1 RJ45 Switchbox ZT1050050

you turn the knob from a to b,b having nothing connected so it would be off,then switch to a to turn on

now you just have to see where to buy at:$20 including shipping
http://www.topmic.com/105-0050.html

Last edited:

MissTina

I happened to get one of these at a second-hand shop for a buck..

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-EZXS55W-EtherFast-5-Port-Workgroup/dp/B00003006E

Any ideas if I might be able to rework this thing into the connection switch I need..?
I couldn't find the prescribed switch in the computer shops yet..

Before I start ripping this thing apart, does anyone know anything about this 5 port 10/100..? Does it do anything for a home desktop?.. 70 bucks for one.. it should do something, if it still works...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I happened to get one of these at a second-hand shop for a buck..

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-EZXS55W-EtherFast-5-Port-Workgroup/dp/B00003006E

Any ideas if I might be able to rework this thing into the connection switch I need..?
I couldn't find the prescribed switch in the computer shops yet..

Before I start ripping this thing apart, does anyone know anything about this 5 port 10/100..? Does it do anything for a home desktop?.. 70 bucks for one.. it should do something, if it still works...

This switch is not what you think it is. It's not an on/off switch. This type of switch is used to expand your network to other devices.

I really think you are over-reacting your situation. There is no chance of getting infected while not even browsing the net. The only thing you really need active is a firewall.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Your gonna have to point to some specific threads, I'm not joining a forum just to search for posts. Sounds like if your getting bullied then maybe you should just leave the forum and they will likely lose interest in bothering you. I'm also going to say that I don't believe these jerkoffs are of any real harm to you or your computer unless you let them. Members of a forum that seems to exist for the reason of validating their non-belief in a higher power probably are easily distracted...

massahwahl

VIP Member
OK a quick Google search turns up this moron legitamately believes he is a sorcerer and magician... he lives with his mom and is possibly 27 years old. Leave that stupid forum and stop worrying about this waste of a sperm cell.

Last edited:

MissTina

How can I use the pin board in this device in the pix.. to make it a switched output..?

I figures I can gut the ting, and make one input, and five outputs, but I'd still need a speciality switch for all those wires, times 2...

And grumpy dude.. Your post was exclusively for you... It's how you see yourself.. You were "mirroring" off of me, and dumping on me.. Your ways is why there are so few good teachers in the world.. Your type uses teachers as "toilets"..

Last edited by a moderator:

massahwahl

VIP Member
wait a sec... your cosmicbrat? I thought you were implying cosmicbrat was the one who was trying to attack you.

From what ive read of you, you seem to have a streak of bringing unwanted attention to yourself...

MissTina

You made it into a huge delusion.. I ain't what you think...
I'm just trying to wake humanity up to the fact that we are killing our planet.. and that it would be nice if we saved some viable healthy planet for humanity's future trillions of babies... We wreck this planet like we believe it's an expendable commodity...
I'm thinking that future humanity would like some tuna too, and would like to see plants and trees and fish and birds and bugs too...

Your angers are from the fact that you can't handle the truth... I ain't asking you to do anything.. Hell! stay the way you are is just fine with me... I'm only asking those who care to wake up, and help the planet support us... What's so wrong with that?..

Stop putting America's garbage into the oceans.. that's where we get our food...

Last edited:

massahwahl

VIP Member
Whatever floats your boat.

Back to the topic on hand, the hardware you have wont do you any good, you need an actual rj45 switch which as mentioned is completely unnecessary since from windows you can easily switch your connection on and off.