TechShark
Member
Hello,
I normally am able to figure out most problems out myself but this one is just giving me a headache
anyways, heres the problem: (sorry for it being so long i just want to be detailed so i can be helped out better)
I connected my computer to my Samsung 32" HDTV with no problems. I then used Nvidia control panel to dial in my resolution.
I chose to go with 720p as i heard it's better than 1080i.
everything worked perfectly, i just had to adjust the desktop size via Nvidia control panel.
I started reading up resolution sizes and noticed my highest resolution setting was 1280 by 720 (when i would right click the mouse>properties>display settings). This sort of confused since i read that 1366 x 768 is my screen resolution and 720p is native resolution.
i then decided i wanted to try and get the 1366 x 768 resolution since i heard it is nicer. That resolution was not available to me anywhere in display properties or Nvidia's control panel. So i thought updating my drivers would solve this.
this is where my problem happened. I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded the latest drivers. My computer restarted and now my resolution is way off.
I select 720p, and the desktop stretches beyond the screen. It didnt do this before. I go to the nvidia control panel to resize my desktop and when i size it correctly to my screens size, I right click desktop go to properties, display settings, and now my resolution goes LOWER than 1280 x 720. which looks horrible also.
can anyone help me out here. i am trying to get the best picture from my computer to my hdtv, and i think i screwed things up. anyone?
i would really, really appreciate any info on this.
I normally am able to figure out most problems out myself but this one is just giving me a headache
anyways, heres the problem: (sorry for it being so long i just want to be detailed so i can be helped out better)
I connected my computer to my Samsung 32" HDTV with no problems. I then used Nvidia control panel to dial in my resolution.
I chose to go with 720p as i heard it's better than 1080i.
everything worked perfectly, i just had to adjust the desktop size via Nvidia control panel.
I started reading up resolution sizes and noticed my highest resolution setting was 1280 by 720 (when i would right click the mouse>properties>display settings). This sort of confused since i read that 1366 x 768 is my screen resolution and 720p is native resolution.
i then decided i wanted to try and get the 1366 x 768 resolution since i heard it is nicer. That resolution was not available to me anywhere in display properties or Nvidia's control panel. So i thought updating my drivers would solve this.
this is where my problem happened. I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded the latest drivers. My computer restarted and now my resolution is way off.
I select 720p, and the desktop stretches beyond the screen. It didnt do this before. I go to the nvidia control panel to resize my desktop and when i size it correctly to my screens size, I right click desktop go to properties, display settings, and now my resolution goes LOWER than 1280 x 720. which looks horrible also.
can anyone help me out here. i am trying to get the best picture from my computer to my hdtv, and i think i screwed things up. anyone?
i would really, really appreciate any info on this.