Is this a good build?

A-Ryan

So I made my first ever black/white gaming build. I've worked on this for 1 1/2 years. I plan to play newer games on high settings on a 1080p 144hz monitor. I might do some slight recording here and there. Same goes for editing. I just wanted to know if you thought this was a good build. Tell me if you like/dislike any of the parts and if you own any of the parts, if you do then tell me how your experience with the parts have been. I think I'm done/should finalize the parts, but I just want to ask people from other forums so I made an account and now I'm posting this. Anyway thats it and yea! Thanks!

Build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FdPcPs

If you would like to, then you can ask me what mouse,keyboard,etc. I chose. Just saying :p

Cisco001

that gtx1070 is expensive
there are cheaper one at $380

why would you get WD black for storage?
i would probably get cheaper wd blue.

ram seems expensive

that psu seem a bit expensive.
you probably can get away with cheaper seasonic g 550w ($50 after mir now)

and i agree with other that ryzen is the better option

Darren

Staff member
that gtx1070 is expensive
there are cheaper one at $380

why would you get WD black for storage?
i would probably get cheaper wd blue.

ram seems expensive

that psu seem a bit expensive.
you probably can get away with cheaper seasonic g 550w ($50 after mir now)

and i agree with other that ryzen is the better option

Blacks are fine for storage, just slightly more than the Blue's.

RAM price is normal, all RAM is expensive right now.

PSU is kinda expensive, could just do a Corsair CX600M to save money or an EVGA 600 watt unit.

Ryzen games within 5ish percent of the i5 while stomping it in any editing workload. Some games will perform better on the i5 yes, but overall the difference is quite small. Also if you're streaming the extra cores/threads will help keep your games smooth. Not saying the i5 is bad, but Ryzen does make more sense for your uses. Motherboards are also cheaper generally speaking too.

Harley Ben

This one is a fine system.

But a lot of people are preferring Ryzen over Intel due to hardcore performance stats.