Is this a good camera

Skizzor

I want a digital camera because I enjoy making movies so I figured I should get a digital camera this is the one i have in mind. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice.

Fuji S5600

fuji-s5600.jpg

23_IMAGE_4_FRONT.jpg

ahajv4life

You like making movies, so you're going to get a camera? Why wouldn't you get a DV Camcorder? That only takes stills I believe.....

sup2jzgte

If you enjoy making movies why not just get a video camera? This a pretty nice camera I used to sell them and I have only heard good things about it, but in my personal opinion I would much rather a Cannon. I have had tons of cameras in and I found that Canon is about the best for overall use (imo). That is why I went out and bought the Canon EOS 20D, it is by far the best camera I have ever owned, but its pricey.

Skizzor

No no I forgot to mention my movies are generally pictures...also that camera takes 30sec video clips in good resolution.

Geoff

VIP Member
Skizzor said:
No no I forgot to mention my movies are generally pictures...
:confused:

If you want to take alot of photos with the ocassional video, get a digital camera.

If you want to have decent looking videos with decent audio, get a video camera.

Skizzor

[-0MEGA-] said:
:confused:

If you want to take alot of photos with the ocassional video, get a digital camera.

If you want to have decent looking videos with decent audio, get a video camera.

I make picture slideshows using vegas and WMM.

Geoff

VIP Member
Skizzor said:
I make picture slideshows using vegas and WMM.
Okay then, that makes much more sense.

How much are you paying for this camera? Because by the looks of it, it seems to be more then you need.

Rich The DJ

I would agree that you should get a cannon if you can afford it. I have a Cannon EOS 350d and i absolutly love it to bits. The fujis are pretty good, and i was thinking of getting one, however the cannon is much better and more versitile camera. If you also want to look pro i would go for a cannon or nikon, which is also a very nice camera.

Skizzor

computerhakk said:
Is that even the right camera though?

I made a error and said it was the S5600 but the camera in the pictures is the one im getting and thats the S5200.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Good. Thought you was talking about a totally different camera. Well, that camera is pretty good. Had has good reviews and for what it offers, is very cheap. It's one of those low end cheap and good quality point and shoot cameras. I'd recommend going for it. I just wished I seen that before I bought mines.

Greggie Boy

I got that Camera and I wouldn't trade it for the world
Movies are clear as the great pics it takes.
With a 1 gig XD card you can take up to a 29.5 minute movie
I've used 35mm for decades but had to get with the times. The day I got the camera, I set it on "Auto" and took pics under every adverse daylight condition I could find, water, glare, motion, bright background with dark subject, etc and the pics were brilliant
The 10 x Optical and 5.7 digital zoom(I think) are nothing short of fantastic.
The S5200 & S5600 are one of the same, S5200 American Model, S5600 European

Last edited:

ribac

I would go with Nikon or Canon.
I own Nikon D50,I'm not proff. but like the SLR and fast shutter.You can get
D50 for about $550 now and always buy extra lens later.