is this a good combo to get???

well i think its the best you can get.....do you know of a cheaper 7.1 audigy sound card...i just wanna surround sond my room so when imlaying BF2 I can have an edge in hering where people are comin from.....(sorry, im trying to sound like a moneywaster..)

plus it will be cool for watchin dvds and stuff to..i guess i am willin to spend up to 250, but if i can spend less that would be great...

Qlutch

There's no use in spending $180 on a sound card and only getting $80 speakers. First of all, most people wouldn't notice much difference in the sound quality of a $180 sound card and a $40 one. I'd recommend just getting a good, standard Sound Blaster card with 7.1 support. If you want the best sound you can get, plan on spending $200+ on speakers.

ok sweet
i have 5.1 onboard sound rite now (it has digital audio out, which seems to be what the speakers i wanna get use to connect to the computer(the orange one))

can i get these 7.1 speakers and not use 2 of em or something, until i upgrade my sound card

basically im askin if i can plug 7.1 into 5.1 and get it to work as 5.1, cause I cant afford the sound card rite now, lol

heres the speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836116153

also, what is the difference between retail and OEM

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would also suggest the Audigy 2 value. As already said, makes little to no sense purchasing a very expensive card and budget speakers (you wont hear a diff.) buy a cheaper soundcard and spend a little more on speakers.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
also, what is the difference between retail and OEM

Oem comes in very little packaging and documentation etc.

Also a nice 7.1 surround sound card can cost as little as $34. Canadian.

thereckerdbraikr said:
ok sweet
i have 5.1 onboard sound rite now (it has digital audio out, which seems to be what the speakers i wanna get use to connect to the computer(the orange one))

can i get these 7.1 speakers and not use 2 of em or something, until i upgrade my sound card

basically im askin if i can plug 7.1 into 5.1 and get it to work as 5.1, cause I cant afford the sound card rite now, lol

heres the speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836116153

and am i getting good budget speakers ?(lol oxymoron)

so theres no difference qualitywise if i get OEM or retail...

Last edited:

Qlutch

Usually OEM is cheaper, but you might not get as good of a warranty. I almost always buy OEM whenever possible :).

Qlutch

One thing I can see is that the ZS has a firewire port, so this allows a different way of connecting external audio devices for recording.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
what about that screen adapter thing that it comes with??
(if you look at the pics you'll see it)

I believe your reffering to the gameport.... It's for plugging in a gamepad/joystick or what have ya :D.

Qlutch

Haha, no. You can configure on your computer what you want the output of your soundcard to be. Just set it to 5.1 and you'll be great. I have 7.1 onboard but I only have two speakers, so I just set it up to output two channels.

thereckerdbraikr said:
ok, now does anyone know what happens when i plug 7.1 speakrs into 5.1 surround sound.....

doe sit all blow up or somethin :) lol

i dont think that you understood that right, i menat that the speakers are 7.1 and teh onboard sound is 5.1

sorry, that was my fault, it was unclear

Qlutch

thereckerdbraikr said:
i dont think that you understood that right, i menat that the speakers are 7.1 and teh onboard sound is 5.1

sorry, that was my fault, it was unclear

Oh... wow that was my bad. I didn't read very carefully. Well... in that case, I don't know the answer... sorry :confused: .