Is this a good computer for gaming

beers

Staff member
Hello :D

That is a very poor PC for gaming. The specs are very old and the Small Form Factor (SFF) doesn't lend itself to decent upgrades.

ReMiXeDg

Hello Broadcub, Your first link you shared does not work. Is this a particular computer your looking to purchase and upgrade some parts in it? I highly suggest you to consider building a computer yourself. You get a much better bang for your buck. For example buying a computer already built for 500 dollars wouldn't be better than building yourself a computer with the budget of 500. usually when you but built computers already they make it look nice and use some good parts and usually cheap out on a certain part that wouldn't catch the buyers eye , instead of you just knowing what is exactly going into the computer etc

ReMiXeDg

Thanks for the reply and do you have any cheap suggestions
I would suggest you to consider building a PC yourself. It has many more advantages than buying a built PC. Main reason to build yourself is that when something fails or goes wrong you can diagnose it yourself and possible replace the broken part/hardware yourself without having to bring it to someone and have time wasted etc. Its quite very easy to build a PC there are many videos on youtube with step by step guides on how to do so. You can have someone from here put together the list of parts for a good build for yourself you go out buy them then proceed with your build its very fun thing to do because its hands on etc.

pcpartpicker.com is a good site for putting pc parts together to get good prices etc.

building a pc yourself is better because when buying a already built pc they put a couple good parts with a good case and usually cheap on on quality parts / certain parts. basically they paint a pretty picture with the case etc and and the end of they day it isn't worth it.

ReMiXeDg

Quick question what exactly would you like to do with the computer any certain games / applications you will like to be running?

broadcub

Quick question what exactly would you like to do with the computer any certain games / applications you will like to be running

Minecraft, hawken, blacklight retribution some more simple stuff like smite, agar.io, dota2, neverwinter etc

Im not looking to play games like crysis 3
And im not necessarily looking for 70 fps
I would just like 35 to 50

Im aware that making your own computer is better but since this is my first computer id radther but it then maybe when i go to get a new computer ill try building my own

I
I would suggest you to consider building a PC yourself. It has many more advantages than buying a built PC. Main reason to build yourself is that when something fails or goes wrong you can diagnose it yourself and possible replace the broken part/hardware yourself without having to bring it to someone and have time wasted etc. Its quite very easy to build a PC there are many videos on youtube with step by step guides on how to do so. You can have someone from here put together the list of parts for a good build for yourself you go out buy them then proceed with your build its very fun thing to do because its hands on etc.

pcpartpicker.com is a good site for putting pc parts together to get good prices etc.

building a pc yourself is better because when buying a already built pc they put a couple good parts with a good case and usually cheap on on quality parts / certain parts. basically they paint a pretty picture with the case etc and and the end of they day it isn't worth it.

I will still check out pcpartpicker

The question remains are those parts i ahowed compatible

Last edited by a moderator:

beers

Staff member
As before, those computers you are linking to are garbage. You would have to upgrade every single component to have a decent gaming PC, therefore negating wasting $240 in the first place.

broadcub

As before, those computers you are linking to are garbage. You would have to upgrade every single component to have a decent gaming PC, therefore negating wasting $240 in the first place.
What exactly about it is so bad ive looked up gameplay with those specs and it looked fine

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Once you realize that you can't really game on slim pc's, you'll understand why we are telling you to get something different. You'll need a standard size case so you can use a decent video card. Those slim pc's you keep linking are garbage and can't install a decent video card You are actually posting business type machines. Those slim line units will usually only hold about a 300 watt power supply at best. You'll need something bigger than that to game.

beers

Staff member
Will the gtx 560 be good enough

Good enough for what? You'd want to make sure it came with a half bracket or it won't fit. You'd also likely need a power supply upgrade.

Thans for actually helping instead of just saying that sucks

You can't even provide us a budget, or a link to a PC that's newer than 10 years old. I'm sorry that you can't accept reality where a $200 PC from last decade is an astounding spectacle of gaming prowess.