Is this A good Graphics card?

Ashton

Hi guys/girls. I was just wondering if this graphics card I might buy is good? and if it will run the new games, such as The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, and World of Warcraft.
it is a:
Integrated Intel® Graphics
Media Accelerator 900

It is coming with a AlienWare computer, I have always wanted on, and I have a small price range. this computer fits perfectly into that range, and I wanted to be sure it would be good. :-/ thanks guys.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It is coming with a AlienWare computer,
You mean the Lightspeed/Bot models? You should prolly stay away from Alienware unless youre getting the more powerful configurations :)

if it will run the new games, such as The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, and World of Warcraft.
No. :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
This is not offered as advice.

I dont know about the Elder scrolls as I dont know nothing of the game but as far as warcraft III I dont see any problem really although I know nothing of the graphics chip your mentioning LOL! So why I say this is because I've ran Warcraft on and old voodoo 4 card and it ran though slow :-(.. Now I know that's still not a comparising :) I've also ran Warcraft 3 on my fiances P series Lifebook using the Intel (R) graphics and although I dont know what series I know the machine is over a year old and warcraft ran real fast on it but was missing most of the special effects.

Also Warcraft 3 is not world of Warcraft and it prob. does need more juice to run :)

This is offered as advice..

Look up that graphics controller via google :).

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
You mean the Lightspeed/Bot models? You should prolly stay away from Alienware unless youre getting the more powerful configurations

Pretty sound advice... You should consider higher or not at all in this case.

ZER0X

VIP Member
pretty much all intergrated graphics are bad for games....I had onboard (HORRIBLE) replaced it with Radeon 9200 much better

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The Intel900 isnt as bad as some but yeah, should definitely be upgraded for gaming

ZER0X

VIP Member
The Intel900 isnt as bad as some but yeah

I actually havn't heard of this Intel900 onboard GFX.....meh! like U said "should definitely be upgraded for gaming" and it's true