is this a stupid question?

smart ass

see i was just wondering is it possible to convert mp3 files in format which a cd player, that is a bit older and cant play mp3 files, can open?
i was looking on some cds that it can play and theyre .cda....
is there a program that can convert between these two?
thank you for all your help :D

Yeti

VIP Member
Pretty much any CD burning software (Nero, CD Creator, even WinXP I think) have the "write audio CD" option which will convert any mp3 tracks to cda tracks that can be read by CD players. I hope that answers your question :eek:

Morb

Yes, it is possible. As Encoding to MP3, as well as decoding back to wav. But here one problem arises. I suppose, that this process can lead to "quality of track" losses. If you encoded CDA(digital audio)-grabed to wav(or directly??) to MP3 128kbs quality certain part of audio is missing(mostly normal peoples can hear that - diference). So here these losses are created.

Lazor Lame encoder can do that (AFAIK).

tomb08uk

Windows Mesdia 10 will let you do that - downloadm it and install it and then go to "rip" and then go to options and select MP3 from the drop down menu, then put cd in anfd clcik "rip" and done!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
well ^those guys are right but if your cd-player is really old then it might not be able to read cd-r cds

Would have to be a pretty old cd player eh? but ya even some newer cd players will have trouble (sometimes) if either the cd player is of poor quality or the CD's are. but for the most part it's just click and burn then the audio lose if any is not going to be noticeable to the human ear anyhow :) as long as the Mp3 file was of high quality.

smart ass

i found out what was wrong, see i burned music on cd-rw and cd player daes not support it on cd-r it works perfectlly just with using nero