Is this a video card problem?

ecyor07

New Member
Hi, Ive got a Pentium 3 which I didnt use for about 3 months. When I turn it on, it goes to the post test but the screen is filled with green vertical lines. After this, windows boots (the loading) and then suddenly the screen goes black. And then I saw nothing but a black screen. I used my new AMD PC on the monitor and it worked just fine. Does this mean that the video card of my old Pentium 3 (NVIDIA TNT 32MB) is down already? Does keeping your PC on your cabinet for 3 months damages it? (especially the video card). Guys, do you have any ideas regarding this matter. Tnx.
 
Yes, vertical lines in DOS or POST is not a good sign at all, it's called artifacting which = a Failing GPU.

For your question on storage, no it doesn't matter how long it's stored. However the way in which it's put into storage matters, sliding it across carpeting, wearing socks or any type of clothing that creates a lot of static can damage computer components super easily.
 
Back
Top