Is this build good for the price?

Varyze

I already paid for it so I can't swap out parts, I was just wondering if this build is good for a gaming computer. :)

Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] (Single Card)
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7400 3.00GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2 ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
Power Supply: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

The total cost before shipping was a little over 1000$

mistersprinkles

Really stupid mobo/CPU combination. Expensive Z270 board for a locked CPU? That's redonkulous.

Last edited by a moderator:

beers

Staff member
Hello,

Why are you asking if you already bought it? Wouldn't you purchase based on knowledge of it being a good computer? We can talk about it though since you're excited about it arriving :p

You could have saved a chunk of change modifying a few parts and building it yourself, it should still run games decently however.

Really stupid mobo/CPU combination. Expensive Z270 board for a locked CPU? That's really not swagadelic, baby.
Don't you think that's being a bit harsh to a new person?

Last edited:

Deadpool

Yeah the motherboard is a bit high end for that locked CPU

Why are you asking if you already bought it?

]You could have saved a chunk of change modifying a few parts and building it yourself, it should still run games decently however.

^^

If you had built it yourself it would have costed you around $750. But it´s a pretty good build. What monitor do you own? If it´s a 1080p you´ll be able to run almost everything at 60FPS+ on ultra.

Varyze

Yeah the motherboard is a bit high end for that locked CPU

^^

If you had built it yourself it would have costed you around $750. But it´s a pretty good build. What monitor do you own? If it´s a 1080p you´ll be able to run almost everything at 60FPS+ on ultra.

Didn't realize the CPU/Mobo combo wasn't great, thats a bummer.
But I own two 24" monitors, 1920x1080, one DVI and one HDMI.

Deadpool

The thing about the mtherboard is, its good for overclocking, and that CPU does not allow overclocking. It is not a big deal, maybe in the future you want to get a 7700K and youll make good use of that motherboard.

Varyze

The thing about the mtherboard is, its good for overclocking, and that CPU does not allow overclocking. It is not a big deal, maybe in the future you want to get a 7700K and youll make good use of that motherboard.

Oh, I see. I just now found out the difference between locked/unlocked CPU's.

But yeah in the future I plan on upgrading my computer, the current parts right now are just a start so I can learn more about building them and play some cool games. :)

Deadpool

Do not recommend gaming on two monitors though. It is going to feel weird as hell. I dont think you even can.

beers

Staff member
I dont think you even can.
Wat. The vast majority of people game on one screen and have other shenanigans on the other display.

You used to be able to eyefinity or surround across two monitors but the bezel in the middle would disrupt pretty much any game type.

Deadpool

Wat. The vast majority of people game on one screen and have other shenanigans on the other display.

You used to be able to eyefinity or surround across two monitors but the bezel in the middle would disrupt pretty much any game type.

All I know is surround does not work on 2 monitors. You need at least 3.