Is this computer a good deal?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Aside from not liking prebuilt computers from unknown people, I feel pretty sure you could build a better computer for less.

Fatback

VIP Member
I could easily build that computer for around $1000. For $1500 you can build a computer that would make thing thing cry. The only thing worth anything on that computer is the case and RAM. This is just another one of those guys that builds a computer and makes it looks pretty and tries to make a huge profit. If you can build your own computer then do so if not go to ibuypower.com or cyberpower.com and put one together. Then post it here for us to check it out.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
I agree with the other members...that's a steep price for that computer. The guy maybe built it a year ago and wants the same price when he sells it as he put into it.

You would be much better off and thank yourself later if you built your own. That way you would have better hardware and have all the warranties for each piece of hardware. Most warranties are for a couple years with some that are lifetime. Keep all the packaging and receipts and you can sell the computer you build...then you can build another one;) You could build a computer that would bring his computer to it's knees for $1500:good:

Not to mention you get the satisfaction and you learn a ton during the process:D

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Nowhere near $1500, for starters its not even worth $1000 new, let alone used.

If you want a good deal...build your own. You could easily build a rig with a GTX275 or 4890 and i7 or a 5870 and then i5.

GreekIdiot

Not to mention you get the satisfaction an you learn a ton during the process:D

I'm one of those guys just at the beginning, but I can safely agree with all of the replies here. It's overpriced, and ridiculous actually. I especially agree with Scout. :)

Joe2005

1st thanks for all the replies.
2ndly I already know how to build a computer (and have built several already) so that's not a problem. The problem/weird thing is that if you build this computer now (parts from newegg) it comes to around $1300.

Now I personally think (and apparently everyone else here does too) that this is kinda high and I'm just trying to figure out what makes this configuration worth that much.

So I suppose new question, If I could talk the guy down, what is a good deal for this?

-Joe

Fatback

VIP Member
1st thanks for all the replies.
2ndly I already know how to build a computer (and have built several already) so that's not a problem. The problem/weird thing is that if you build this computer now (parts from newegg) it comes to around $1300.

Now I personally think (and apparently everyone else here does too) that this is kinda high and I'm just trying to figure out what makes this configuration worth that much.

So I suppose new question, If I could talk the guy down, what is a good deal for this?

-Joe

Well the reason it seems overpriced is basically because every part is pretty dated. The CPU still cost like $190 on newegg but you can get and i5 for $200 the 9800GTX is still $100+ but you can get a GTS 250 or 4850 for the same price. Basically every thing about the computer is dated to us computer enthusiast. For just the computer $750-$850 is a good deal with the monitors, speakers, keyboard, etc maybe $1000-$1000. Any more then that had you would be better off building something else. Also if you know how to build your own then why would you not your going to get something a lot better then that.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I would not buy regardless of the price.

Cheap Biostar...are you kidding me?

E8400 is a wonderful chip...Stable at 4.1GHz with a Zalman 9700...impressive. They are good coolers but that chip is running way hot if it is true. People have to run their E8400s on water to get that effect. And he has negative pressure in his case...I don't believe him.

A 9800GTX clocked to 770MHz...WOW...that's also really good. I had a 9800GTX for about 6 months, a nice card but I don't believe him.

He does not take good care of his stuff. You can tell this just by looking at it. See all the dust on the case. That means he is sloppy and lazy. The inside of the case is almost white with dust!

Joe2005

Sweet, thanks for the info, I think what I'll do now is just wait till the 5870 comes down in price a bit and build a computer then (seeing as I don't actually need one now).

Thanks again

-Joe

Fatback

VIP Member
Sweet, thanks for the info, I think what I'll do now is just wait till the 5870 comes down in price a bit and build a computer then (seeing as I don't actually need one now).

Thanks again

-Joe

Yea I fell ya. You already go a nice PC all you could really use is a CPU upgrade and that thing would be a beast.