Is This Computer Good?

GeorgeBishop

New Member
Hello computer people!

I'm looking to buy a computer that will play some of the newer games but I don't have the $2000 that Dell wants to charge me. My friend told me that it's better to build one but neither of us are good with computers. We decided to try ebay and he found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120281898354&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

The games I want to play out now are Call of Duty 4 and World of Warcraft. When they come out I'd like to be able to play Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I don't need to run everything at max settings, but do you think this computer can handle those games? It's $800 right now and that's about what I was wanting to spend...

Thanks,
Georgie
 
That isn't very good for that price, you can get a quad core + 4GB for that price. I recommend that you build, is it not very hard.

For $800 i'll do you a build

Total - $763.93

Do a build, it is not that hard to do, and you have save heaps, if you were to buy the one of the ebay, that isn't very good
 
But I don't even want to mess with building a computer, I know it's cheaper but is this a good deal if I don't build it myself? Thanks for the advice so far =)
 
That pc is over priced!The specs aren't bad at all,but they aren't the best.If the buyer would be asking $800 buy it now than it's a some what of a decent deal!For $1,500 you can have almost three times the better hardware in your rig than that!Look at my specs!my Pc isn't worth more than 1,000 bucks and that's with monitor keyboard etc...
 
i find it very ironic when he says other ones just have video cards and trash processors, but it would be a much better idea to build your own, i believe there is a magazine out by pc gamer called the computer building bible, it shows you all the steps involved in putting together your own computer, if you havent done it before
 
well you want a quad core with a good video card, and that is the only really good prebuilt one, that is why i say build, because you will save a lot and as i said before, it is not hard to build!
 
i find it very ironic when he says other ones just have video cards and trash processors, but it would be a much better idea to build your own, i believe there is a magazine out by pc gamer called the computer building bible, it shows you all the steps involved in putting together your own computer, if you havent done it before

LMFAO @ the specs! Damn man you blow my rig out the water with those specs! :D
 
Thanks for the help so far guys.

I'm a total electronics failure, I just like the games, so I don't even want to touch the parts of a computer, let alone hook them together and install everything... So really, I'm just looking for one that is already built that will play new games. So don't bother posting any more parts, I'd appreciate links to pre-built computers, though.

I called up my friend and told him about that one you linked, cohen, he said it was a good computer but that the video card wasn't that great and that the one I have picked out at ebay would be better.

BLACKHEART, you say $800 would be a good price for it? So how much should I try to bid on it as a max bid? $900?
 
He didnt ask for your opinion so, why give it? He simply asked if that was a good pc or not. Geez people read the title
 
Maybe you could buy the parts then you could pay a computer company to put it all together for maybe.... 100-200 $

=D
 
Ok, so it's been a while but the auction is almost over and the bid is still $795, some people said $800 was a good deal, others said I could find better. I haven't been able to find a better prebuilt computer for $800 yet so does anyone else have any thoughts?
 
Back
Top