Is this desktop build good?

Juicebox God

Hi,
I want a computer to build that is good for games and other things, just a generally powerful computer. I found a build on elitegamingcomputers that looks good to me, but is that site able to be trusted, or could you tell me if this would work?
Here is the build:
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
Case: Rosewill Dual Fans
Power Supply: Antec VP-450
Optical Drive: Samsung 24x SATA DVD RW
That's the build. If you want the article: https://elitegamingcomputers.com/ho...or-minecraft-without-spending-a-ton-of-money/
Lastly, any mouse/keyboard/monitor/desk/chair recommendations?
Thank you so much!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That build doesn't include an Operating System so you'll have to factor that in as well. What specific games do you play?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You mean this one?

build.jpg

Again, there is no Operating System included so you are talking another 90 bucks at least if on sale. You would definitely want a Ryzen build at this point.

Juicebox God

What is a Ryzen build? (Sorry I am very new) The link took you to the bottom of the page I just realized, if you scroll to the top then I think you can find the $517 one. The build you have shown me was found in the comment section I believe.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ryzen is AMD's new processor series. Ok, found the other build for $519. Not bad but still need an Operating System on it.

Juicebox God

I know. I figured with all the add-on costs (I'm completely unprepared and my mouse broke, so I have to pay for monitor, desk, chair, mouse, and keyboard, and OS, which I am willing to do) it would be a lot pricier. Does the build get your approval, though, or any things I might want to switch out? I am not planning on overclocking.

Juicebox God

I won't be able to reply for a bit now, as I'm going to go to sleep, so I haven't abandoned the post. I will get up and reply to it as soon is I see it in the morning, so good night I guess! (Super jet lagged)

Cisco001

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($78.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.87 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Low Profile Video Card ($113.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $529.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-08 12:17 EDT-0400

_Kyle_

Ahhh! The horror! :-( Please don't build that. It's shameful. Go with Ciscos001's build above.

_Kyle_

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($78.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.87 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Low Profile Video Card ($113.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $529.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-08 12:17 EDT-0400

How do you put a part list in like that?