Is this good enough?

AkinaGod

I am trying to play left4dead with some friends and ended up rebuilding my comp. It needed it anyway so no complaints there. But I found this card which meets the requirements for l4d but so many people who rate this drive say it isn't for gaming and can cause problems? Is this a good card for l4d or should I find something else? If I should find something else, which one would you suggest? l4d would be the most demanding game I play.

ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/HTP/512M GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP

evil-xxx

8400GS is not a good game card.
I suggest you buy 9800gt which you can get perfect gaming experience with but maybe you tell me your budget first.
however,left 4 dead is not a game that needs extreme high-end graphic card.

Last edited:

Kewl Munky

My friend has that and he can play UT3 at 1440x900 on about medium settings at playable frame rates. I haven't really seen left for dead on PC but going by it having lesser graphics on the 360 than UT3 on 360 I would say it would be usable, but it depends on what you want to play on.

I know 9600GSO cards are pretty decent for gaming and at a great price. At least the last time I checked they were.