Is this manipulation hard?

The Astroman

Hi, I wanted to know if it was hard to change the casing of the computer, and if you need a special casing size (like the Sockets in processors). Thanks!

I'm asking this question cause im thinking of getting a transparent casing. On the website they tell me that such a case does not act like a Faraday cage... So what?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Don't worry about electromagnetic interference, most metal cases aren't perfect Faraday cages. So don't expect to have noiseless radio reception near the computer.
You could solve the emission problems even with a transparent cage, mounting a Faraday cage around the CPU.

4W4K3

VIP Member
The Astroman said:
Hi, I wanted to know if it was hard to change the casing of the computer, and if you need a special casing size (like the Sockets in processors). Thanks!

well yes you need a certain case form factor for different kinds of mobos and such. most of the time you need ATX type. if your computer is older than that wont work, you need to look up older case form factors. and if its a server or something huge you might need sumthin bigger. look at your mobo and it should say in manual what type it is.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I wanted to know if it was hard to change the casing of the computer, and if you need a special asing size (like the Sockets in processors).
Not really. Damn near all non-OEM cases can be fit into an ATX case. :)

I'm asking this question cause im thinking of getting a transparent casing.
As long as its not some silly plastic case then you'll be fine -- then again we dont quite have transparasteel yet. Translation: the purpose of a case is to (a) hold stuff and (b) shield compoentns within the case.

Nothing. If you want a acryllic case, get one :) A metal case is probably better but it doesnt matter that much