Is this Monitor great for gaming for example...

Itanda

First of all it got a very good rating second of all. If you think that was a bad rating (i am going to answer 2 questions here) and u are wondering if its good for gaming. It isn't if ur really extreme gamming because max resolution is only 1680x1050 witch isn't the greatest. thats Average max screen resolution for most LCD monitors now a days. But anyways all the games u listed would run amzing at that reslution anyways!

elitehacker

The response time is how long it takes for the pixels to change, I think that 5 sec response time is Grey to Grey and not black to white. But still if your pixels have a very long response time, then you wouldn't get a sharp image when the action on the screen hots up, that is why I think CRT is still better than LCD when it comes to gaming.

elitehacker

Having any response time at all is an advantage, but a 5ms LCD should be be fine. I played Doom 3 on a 8ms LCD monitor once, only noticed blurring and ghosting at only a few occasions most of the time its really sharp.

wafflez

lol...I'm pretty sure the human eye can't catch the discrepancy between a 5ms and a 30ms monitor anyways >_>. same thing with anything over 30fps, it's simply made to exploit the all too common 'more=better' mentality.

heyman421

banned
response time is the amount of time it takes for a given pixel to darken on the grid, it takes a much longer time (than rated) for the pixel to go clear again

even 5ms and less monitors have some ghosting when switching rapidly between extreme light and extreme dark, because it takes much much longer for the pixel to become clear again

Tuffie

To be hounest I am not to worried usaly when I am gaming, whether it's 2MS responce or 8MS, I usaly care most about the quality of the picture, wether there is any lag, that kind of thing.

I am not sure many people will be able to tell the difference between the responces anyway?

Kent.

PabloTeK

You'll need a good GFx card when using a big monitor because otherwise you'll notice some shearing of the image because the vertical sync isn't up to full speed. For example if I use my old 17" monitor with a max res. of 1,280x1,024 there is no shearing because the GFX card can handle it but when I use my 20" at 1,650x1,080 there is some shearing because the card can't keep up, although on most games it's hard to see.

Itanda

is my 5 response time alright for counterstrike?

to answer your question it wont but i have notice some times in CSS(dont know if this is glitch or monitor) that when ur getting shot and you go behind an unshootable wall like half a second later it says ur dead.

So basically you apear to be hidden and safe and then u die. I think thats what ghosting and thats why u die if u have ever had that happen to you.

But overall that monitor should be fine!

blurblock

I'm a Samsung LCD montior promoter in Singapore and i felt that the samsung 226BW could be abit better than the HP you u just get . The 226BW come with the Dynamic Contrast that allow a 3000:1 contrast on moving images when it come to gaming . Where as the HP dont hav this function . = )) but its still not a bad choice after all . Does it come with a DVI output ? If not .. this panel is not suitable for high end gaming . The 5 ms respon time is not bad .

Last edited:

leSHok

im not sure about my one friend's response time but when i played counterstrike on his computer i was getting so mad because i did not understand how i was dying. his computer wasnt lagging or anything but the game just didnt feel right.

salman

http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_w2207_LCD_monitor/4505-3174_7-32391039.html
This is my new 22" monitor that I have just recently bought. I would like to know if this monitor is great for "Gaming" such as playing intense matches or "counterstrike", "DoD", "Call of Duty 2", "WoW", etc. It has a 5ms response time, but im not sure what that really means. I don't understand why Cnet gave this monitor a average rating. Could someone explain the reasons?:confused:

Hi jasonxman, your monitor is fine, 5ms will do fine. You cant really notice that much of a difference between a 2ms response time and a 5ms response time.