Is this motherboard as good as they say???

tristan

And I would argue the NF7-S v2 is the best because I am an overclocker. It all depends on what you are looking to do. =)

Grimulus

Praetor said:
I'd argue this is better: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-484&depa=1

The ASUS boards really did take the 800Mhz series in the performance category and ASUS does have a proven track record :)

Aye, I love Asus. That Gigabit is damned nice though. I've heard decent things from them. Check out Soyo boards man. I don't have the time at the moment to find you a good one, but i know these are very reliable motherboard and out of about 100 computers that my boss and i have built with soyo, we have never gotten a DOA. I'm still partial to Asus though. They always use what works, nothing ever seems to expiremental. :) and btw, i wouldn't buy anything from new egg. sales tax is a pain. :p i assume people out of the state of TN have to pay it to? i know i have to pay it and that's why i don't buy anything from there. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Check out Soyo boards man. I don't have the time at the moment to find you a good one, but I know these are very reliable motherboard and out of about 100 computers that my boss and I have built with soyo, we have never gotten a DOA
They must have gotten their act together because the last time i heard of a really good soyo board was back in the days of the KT266s ... good for them! :)

As for ASUS/Abit ... you'll probably want to go ASUS for Intel chips and probably Abit for AMD chips. Realistically one wont really notice a difference between the two (except maybe with the top end Intel boards, ASUS does take the title there) but you'll be fine either way :)