Is this price reasonable?

wilson1973

Need a pc for surfing net i dont game or watch dvds is this price reasonable?

£329.99

Inspiron Desktop 545 MT Inspiron 545 Minitower with Black Bezel

Item Description Quantity Total Price

Inspiron 545 Minitower with Black Bezel
Piano Black
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core E5200 processor (2.5GHz, 800MHz, 2MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
Microsoft® Works 9.0 - English
1 Year Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
Display Not Included
3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [3x1024]
320GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
16X DVD+/- RW Drive (DVD & CD read and write) and 16x DVD-ROM Drive (DVD & CD read)
Dell™ USB Entry Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
Dell 2 Button USB Scroll Optical Mouse - Black
Inspiron Desktop 545 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)
English Documentation
D064502
Inspiron Desktop 545 MT Order - UK
1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
2 Meter Power Cord - UK
Integrated 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio

19-in-1 Media Card reader

DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year

jsawyer1181

I'm not very good with your currency conversion as I am from the states, but I would say that's not too bad of a price for a basic use. However I would recommend you check out a custom built system at that same configuration to see if it would be cheaper. However, that's not a bad deal. I just don't like Dells lol. So its really up to you on that one. Just keep in mind that you can't do a lot of upgrading with Dell computers as I believe they rivit the case shut (or at least they used to) so you are kinda stuck with em the way they are. Just something to think about.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not very good with your currency conversion as I am from the states, but I would say that's not too bad of a price for a basic use. However I would recommend you check out a custom built system at that same configuration to see if it would be cheaper. However, that's not a bad deal. I just don't like Dells lol. So its really up to you on that one. Just keep in mind that you can't do a lot of upgrading with Dell computers as I believe they rivit the case shut (or at least they used to) so you are kinda stuck with em the way they are. Just something to think about.

With Tax and that things usualy cost quite some more over here in the uk.

But wilson1973,Thats about the right price for a pre-built system.

I found a machine,With exactly the same specs as that one you posted,Exept its £299,So saving you a few bob.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159371

jsawyer1181

That's not too bad for a prebuilt system as was already stated. But as you could see from the poster above me you can find a system cheaper if you know how to look for it. I personally would go with a custom system, but I cannot stand most prebuilt systems hence I build my own. Not everyone knows how to do that though.