Is this RAM compatible w/ my mobo

Deadpool

It doesn't seem like it. It won't go into the slot correctly.

Why not? That motherboard uses 240-pin DIMMs.

Could you provide make and model of the RAM? I would recommend getting 2x8Gb instead of 4x4Gb. If you want to upgrade in the future you'll have some free slots.

Nick.D

It's weird. Only one side of the slots open, and there's a cracking noise if I try putting them in (yes they're facing the right way). I could probably force them in if I pushed on it hard enough, but that seems like a bad idea.

And I have no idea what the make/ model is... I'll try uploading pictures.
They were too large. The manufacturer is Crucial. That's all I know about it.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you only have one side that unlocks its a little harder to insert them. Have to put both sides in at same time. Also make sure you have the ram the right way, will only insert one way because of the notch.

Deadpool

Always the RAM is a motive for disconfort and fear among new builders. It always requires more force than you expect. Always make sure the notch on the RAM matches the notch on the slots. If you push it when that is not the case, you'll damage your RAM.

Nick.D

I did get them in correctly, now I have a new issue...
There's no areas on the motherboard where I can plug in a sata cable... I need 2.
1 for the hard drive, another for the dvd player.

Been searching for about 30 minutes, and there isn't a single one there.

Now that I post online about not being able to find it, naturally I find it immediately afterwards. They're sideways, hidden in boxes on the edge of it...

Deadpool

At the right of the motherboard. It's facing outwards.
J9x3nNC.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture. Too much work to edit on my phone.

Intel_man

VIP Member
SATA Express is weird... in the sense that no one really adopted it and manufacturers just went straight for the M.2/U.2 interface.