Is this something to RMA about?

dtiao7eb

I'm trying to run this Dominator platinum to run at its rated speed of 2400. I have manually inputed all the lat. etc.

the system will run at 2133, but not at 2400. these errors only show up when bios is set to 2400. 2133 memtest passes no problems.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 89

linkin

VIP Member
Update the BIOS and set the CPU to stock speeds, then test again at rated speeds for the RAM. Let the test run overnight or at least for eight hours.

dtiao7eb

bios is updated already i left it running this morning and it said 34 min runtime. it seems like it stopped. i'll try againtomorrow. but bios is up to date with the latest release.

edit: and nothing is over clocked other than the ram.

dtiao7eb

So i set everything to 2400. with 1.65 correct lat settings etc etc etc.

when i test sticks individually, there are no errors. however when i do quad channel. those errors show up. I believe the ram is ok, just a bad slot? is there a way to test different slots? can i do a single stick of ram on each of the different slots? or can single stick only run on the a1 slot?

thanks!

wolfeking

banned
you can test it individually in the different slots. That is actually the only way you will find out which one is bad.

dtiao7eb

yeah i can't get into memtest on slot 2 f this i'm going to rma it lol dont buy asrock 2nd rma :angry: :gun: Asrock