user87

Is Toshiba a good brand for laptops?

I dont know the specs, but all I know is:
TOSHIBA
Satellite Notebook Featuring an Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350

any good?

nexgentec.com

Toshiba is a good brand

Toshiba is a good brand but when purchasing any computer you should always do your research first. Check out online reviews, they are always helpful. Most notebooks come from other manufactures. You can skip the middle man by just purchasing a white box notebook which give you all the thrills but with a better price point. Plus you local reseller will be able to offer you a better warranty then you would get with any national company. If you had a problem you would just bring it to him and he would be able to put in the part on the spot. Hope I helped.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yes, look around. All brands have crap models as well as awsome machines. From my experience, Toshiba has some of the best laptops(high quality builds and parts) but some weaker batteries. I know the batteries in their PDA's were junk!

crimsonnblue

I agree with the other one. Each company has their high end and lower end models. My girlfriend has a Toshiba satellite (or however u spell it). It is a pretty stable and good machine. although it does have terribly average battery life. It is a year old so maybe that has some to do with it.

I would suggest buying it from somewhere that will have a maintenance plan, usually you can get a replacement battery when it starts to get bad.

Geoff

VIP Member
Toshiba is a good quality, well known brand. If your not going to be doing any gaming, then there is no need for a video card, you can just get integrated, although i would still reccomend getting a video card if the price isnt a huge difference.

kof2000

yeah but notebook memory are very expensive especially 1gb sticks. so i even if you dont game you still should not get intergrated shared mem vidcards.