Isass.Exe Point Not Found

JHM

banned
Well, that makes it a bit easier. If you have a friend with an XP desktop, you can take your HDD out of your machine, reset it as a slave, then install it in your friend's machine as a slave; then boot from his/her drive, and copy files from his/her drive to replace damaged ones on yours. Once done take it back out, reset it to master, and reinstall it in your machine.

Only catch is, You have to know which files are damaged.

Last edited:
Yes I can boot from another XP system, I only know just one person who have an XP system but he do not wants to "mess" with his system, he allow me to reboot his system with the CD but that all. I back up with Carbonite service, could that help?

JHM

banned
Well if your friend won't allow you to install your HDD as a slave in his machine to recopy files from his drive onto yours; but you do have some sort of "Online" backup service, it becomes a bit dicey.

Because :
1) The only way I know that you are going to be able to get rid of the "Sasser Worm" and get your HDD to boot is by formatting "C"; which will erase EVERYTHING on "C" drive.
2) You should then be able to reinstall "Windopes" on your machine, and have it boot normally; BUT you then have to either reinstall everything, or restore from your "ONLINE" backup.
3) Should you choose the latter, then there exists the possibility that you will get the worm back.

Me, I prefer to keep my own backups, (PLURAL), some older than others, so in the event of problems like this, I can go to an older backup.

Others here may be able to give you better advice.

Broni, Sorry for the delay in answer but i was hospitalized (back surgery) and I did not have access to any system.
regarding my problem with the XP. Could it be possible that if I buy a new XP OS and I install it in the damage system the issue could be resolve? The only thing is how can I surpass the issue that the system can not read the CD. Any other suggestion.

Broni

VIP Member
I hope, you're feeling better :)

Did you try to boot your laptop with created CD?
I just want to see, if the CD you created is good.

Broni, Again sorry for the delay I was hospitalized again and I just get out yesterday, I hope you remember my issue with my system.

Well I try the Reboot CD that you suggetsed and it works fine in my laptop, but do not work in my XP system desktop. The system aske for reboot w/cd but it goeas after a seconds to the black screen were I choose if I wants to reboot in safe mode. What could it be the next step. Thanks

Broni

VIP Member
I hope you feel better :)

I suspect, you may have some issue with your CD drive.

If that's the case, your best option may be to slave the drive in another computer and scan it there.

Broni

VIP Member
Well, it depends on findings.
Once scanned and main threats removed, you may be able to put the drive back to its original location and we can run more checks.