ISP's

g4m3rof1337

I am apparently getting 768k for upload, and an 8mb connection, but powerboost puts it at 15mb. And doesn't raise the upload.

Sound right?

Thanks.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/14520

The links below the article show Comcast pages confirming that powerboost does in-fact raise upload speed, but only for the first 10Mbs, and download speed for the first 5Mbs, making it more of a short-term downloading enhancer.

Lol, You'll see when you get it. And like I said, Powerboost is nothing, a tacky add-on that Comcast can hype, and apparently lie about, like they did to you guys. It will not help at all with hosting games. How much are you guys paying for the package by the way?

Geoff

VIP Member
I am apparently getting 768k for upload, and an 8mb connection, but powerboost puts it at 15mb. And doesn't raise the upload.

Sound right?

Thanks.

I hope your not paying for that, because all it does it temporarily raise your speeds so it appears you have a fast connection, but then shortly goes back to your regular speed.

g4m3rof1337

Yeah.
I am not getting Comcast, I am going with a more closer ISP, they mainly go to businesses, but they are going to individual people now.

Its pretty much like ATT with speeds, though, we are guaranteed 6mb and 768k.

With ATT, its 5mb and 600k, and were paying for the 6mb 768k connection.

Warriorhazzard

We've had Comcast for about 2 years now :eek:

The price got raised so much after the first year so my dad had a "fight" with the customer service so they gave him a nice package for a good price (they added all the "special" movie channels, powerboost and HD) so we were good for about 3 months until they started charging $500 a month :eek:

So we called yesterday, told them to cancel it blah blah blah but we are doing what someone said earlier get my mom to call up and get the service :D

Powerboost did make my first couple of MB's to go up a lot XD I kept getting about like 20MB/s but then it went down hehe

If you after all get Comcast watch your bill :p