Issue with Firefox

peter912

For some reason images and videos are not loading on a web site using Firefox, they did before a few days ago. If I switch to Microsoft Edge then they will load. How can I fix this issue with Firefox ?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try loading firefox in safe mode.

Now this isn't windows safe mode but its safe mode for firefox. There might be an addon that is causing this,possibly you have an ad blocker installed that could be causing it?

Is it just one website, do other websites load pics and videos fine such as youtube? Kinda need more information to help you. What website are they not working in?

peter912

Try loading firefox in safe mode.

Now this isn't windows safe mode but its safe mode for firefox. There might be an addon that is causing this,possibly you have an ad blocker installed that could be causing it?

Is it just one website, do other websites load pics and videos fine such as youtube? Kinda need more information to help you. What website are they not working in?

I just checked and youtube is working just fine, so it is just this one website called onlyfans. I do have ad blocker but if I turn it off it doesn't make a difference. As I said I don't have this problem if I switch to another browser, Microsoft Edge.

Another strange development is that half of my desktop icons have lost their image as well

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Scan for malware with malwarebytes and see if it finds anything. I checked that page and it needs an account to login so I can't check with my Firefox. I've never even heard of it before.

peter912

Scan for malware with malwarebytes and see if it finds anything. I checked that page and it needs an account to login so I can't check with my Firefox. I've never even heard of it before.

Running a malwarebytes scan did nothing towards fixing this issue

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What if you access that site on a different computer with firefox? Without seeing a screenshot of what it looks like, its hard telling what exactly is going on.

peter912

What if you access that site on a different computer with firefox? Without seeing a screenshot of what it looks like, its hard telling what exactly is going on.
I don't have another computer to be able to do that. It is really not that important of an issue because I can use Microsoft edge for that site. What do you make of the fact that also half of my desktop icons have lost their image as well ???

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What do you make of the fact that also half of my desktop icons have lost their image as well ???
Seems you got some sort of windows corruption going on. The ones that lost their image, what type of file was it?

peter912

Seems you got some sort of windows corruption going on. The ones that lost their image, what type of file was it?

Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, Toronto Weather, Onlyfans, Google Mail, these are the desktop icons that lost their image and the rest of the icons have retained their image. What I now did was to delete the blank icons and replace it with new ones on the desktop