Issue with Keyboard/mouse not working after reinstalling windows 7

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by sinder151, Jul 14, 2017.

1. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

i have a issue now after reinstalling my windows 7 again to clean the files so the computer get faster. but i have gotten into the same issue i had last time and i don't remember what my friend did, all i remember what that he changed something in the bios so i was able to use the keyboard/mouse.

I'm stuck to where i have to input my computer name, but i cant continue because i cant input any name. i reinstalled windows and now i cant continue, anyone know how i can fix this. its really annoying every time i reinstall windows its always something that have to make it take hours to fix.

Thanks

- Sinder

2. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Are you using USB3 ports? You might have to install the driver for them. Make sure you are using usb2.0 ports.

3. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

Ive allready tried this, and 3 different keyboard, 2 different mouses. i have tried all these general normal fixes, the issue is a setting in the bios im very sure, it was the same issue last time. i had googled and tried different options for 3 days, and then this guy came over to me and changed 1 settings in the bios and the keyboard worked, i cant get hold of this guy atm that's why i'm asking for help a forum. Can you think of a setting in the bios that could disable the keyboard, the keyboard works fine in bios and all fine before all the way until it gets to where i input my computer name then it suddenly stops working, the lights are on but no reaction from it.
    Ive input them in both the blue and grey/dark usbs no difference. and how do i install any drivers if i cant get into the computer because i haven't set it up a user account on the pc yet.

4. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

is there nobody that knows what setting i need to change in bios to get the keyboard to work. it cant be that rare that only this guy knows it.

5. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

If it was a BIOS setting it wouldn't get reset by reinstalling windows.

There's a Legacy USB option in most setups that you could try.

6. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

i got hold of my friend, he came over and changed a settings where windows 7 got enabled and keyboard then working. Everytime i reinstall my windows bios changes this setting happened before so i dont believe that the bios settings doesnt get reset, because why does this setting get changed when i reinstall? but now computer is working and im at the desktop so i can update the windows and install drivers.
    Thanks for the help.

7. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

Reinstalling windows will not reset bios settings. Either cmos battery is shot and needs to be replaced or something else is going on.

8. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

How do i find out if the battery is damaged or anything else is?

9. johnb35

How old is this system? What motherboard do you have?

10. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

The water cooling and motherboard is about 1 year old and its a MS-7971 (msi) had to change motherboard and case when i installed the water cooling, and the rest of the parts in the computer is about 2,5 years old.

11. johnb35

Cmos batteries can last years. You may want to update bios. Do you know what bios revision it has?

12. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

Bios version: American megatrends Inc. 1.D0, 8/30/2016

13. johnb35

According to a search you have this board but your bios version doesn't match what it should have.

Z170A PC MATE

That is what the ms-7971 matches to. Can you verify thats the board you have?

14. sinder151

sinder151 New Member

this is what i says in system information. msi.png

The motherboard i bough according to the website i bough it from:

Z170 ATX Mainboard Midrange, SATA, PCIe-x16, 8GB DDR4,

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017