Issues in upgrading to windows 10

Johcel

Hi everybody

Im planning to change my os to windows 10 what are the issues or problems did you encountered
in changing your's .

Thanks for feedbacks
smile.gif

aldan

none really,but it depends on the hardware and computer savvy.a lot of the problems ive seen with the upgrade is human error.ive done five machines with no issues.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's always best to fresh install windows 10 when doing the upgrade especially if its been a few years since last fresh install as you'll get better performance and you won't pass any issues from old OS to new OS.

Luke Coates

No issue has been encountered in upgrading to windows 10. I have upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I did not find any issue.

spirit

Staff member
Windows 10 is running fine for me on both of my systems now. Seems a lot of the early problems it had have been ironed out especially since the November Update (Build 10586).

tremmor

No issues here except for it seems to hesitate sometime using any of the internet browsers.
Other than that seems ok. Still having problems sometime with mouse and keyboard.
example i hit a key 10 time and never shows up on the screen. then bam the characters show up.
Have Logitech and installed new drivers. but same.

spirit

Staff member
The only issue I'm having right now is that every now and then the wallpaper on my main display turns to this weird purple colour, but on the secondary display it's fine. Rebooting fixes it. I guess it's some GPU driver related thing or maybe I need to reinstall the theme (I'm using a theme from Microsoft). Anybody else having this?

Windows 10 Wallpaper Issue by ThinkPad Review, on Flickr

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still having the issue where an inactive tab/window will pop up to the front without me doing anything. Also having slower then normal bootup times running an SSD. Gonna be doing another fresh install I think today since we are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow starting any time now. My bluescsreen issue is nonexistent now since removing the OC.

tremmor

I was thinking the same thing to JohnB. Then i was wondering if i installed it wrong.
I didn't burn the iso file and install. i used the media creation tool and installed.
I thought i was doing right. I wasn't doing a upgrade. i was trying to do a full install.
Question is: was i doing it right?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you didn't create an actual DVD or usb drive then all you did was do the upgrade where it kept all your files from previous OS. You should create the install dvd and wipe the drive and install fresh.

tremmor

Ok. ya answered that question. it was a major screw up.
Voyager had commented on burning the iso but the method did not work
because the option was not there using windows. So again ......... how do i burn the iso with windows ?
thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You download the iso from this link.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

When it loads, accept the license terms. Then you'll be asked to either upgrade this pc now or create installation media for another pc. You want to tick the box to create installation media for another pc. Then you will have the option to choose either usb or iso file to burn to dvd. Once the ISO is downloaded, you right click on the file and click on burn image and windows image burner program loads.