Issues with a Computer that I built Myself

Garrett Turner

Hello all,
I am coming to you today seeking help, as everything that I have tried has come to no help. First, Let me explain the problem that I am having, Every now and again, at least 5 times a week if not more, My computer bluescreens. Giving me "Critical Structure Corruption". Second, The steps that i have taken to diagnose the issue was run memtest.exe, Which came up with nothing, All passed. The next thing that i did was run the Intel processor diagnostics, Which once again, came up with "Passed". I have taken today to take my computer back apart and reseat everything inside of the machine, as these issues did not start occurring until i moved my computer from one place to another. Thank everyone for their time and consideration.

Thanks,
Garrett

Specs:
Intel Core I5 660
8 GB Samsung DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram
250 GB 7200rpm Sata Disk (C:)
500 GB 7200rpm Sata Disk (Backup Drive E:)
Intel Motherboard DQ75TM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 10 Pro

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Lets get some specific information from the bluescreen.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

michael8721

Hi Garrett,

I've used the bluescreenview Previously and gave me a pretty good diagnostic. Solves my Issues highly recommended if you haven't already.
I hope it helps

Kind regards
michael

Garrett Turner

I appreciate everyone's time and consideration in this. I have used some time to see if i could figure out what was causing the issue myself. The ONLY time that i was able to successfully recreate it, was when i go to start one of my virtual machines, and it tries to grab an internet connection that is not there because the cable is unplugged. Seems to be a weird issue with the NIC. If i disable the NIC, I no longer get any bluescreens. I would have did a BSOD.txt dump for you, But unfortunately, Running CCleaner was one of my "Solutions", and it wiped the logs, As i have it set to do so.

beers

Staff member
Sounds like the NIC is failing/failed as you have indicated. That's relatively common in older boards. Usually you can throw in a PCIE adapter which are relatively inexpensive. Intel branded ones generally provide the most consistent performance.

Does the BSOD.txt file that was dumped out reference the NIC driver name?