it says i need admin permissions to delete files on my own computer

ketanco

I uploaded a program installation folder to my computer, from where our instuctor for the class gave us

and then by mistake before installing runtime environment, i installed the program itself and of course it didnt run

now i am trying to completely remove the progam. i tried uninstall but during installation it asked me if to keep some files and i said no because it said other programs may be also using them. and it said it will not do any harm to keep them

so i said no to them and it finished installation and said it could not remove everything and i must remove some manually

but now i can not do it. i go to program files and that folder and can not even delete that folder. it says i need admin permission, well this is my own personal computer how can i give myself permission, i am already logged in as primary user to my own computer .

_Pete_

If you are using Windows 10 then it is a Microsoftism. Microsoft has arbitrarily decided that we cannot be trusted to make our own decisions as what we do or do not delete or do with our own computers. Right click on the folder and, hopefully, you should see an entry that says "run as administrator" click that and it should allow you to delete the folder or files.

DanielDP

you may have copied it into the system directory, for windows operating system when you manipulate a file in the system directory the operating system will ask for your admin rights. You can use programs to clean up junk (like ccleaner ...) to remove empty folders, or to use programs that uninstall applications from third parties.