Its Conroe Time !!!

Mankz_91

Well, ive got my money from working this summer, and im planning to stuff my current projects, and go for performance.....!!

ive so far gone for all of this...:: (* = allready have)

Abit AW9D-MAX
E6400 Allendale
2Gb Team Xtreem PC2-5300 (will do DDR-1000)
X1800 XT *
2 x 160Gb Hitachi's *
Hiper 580W PSU *
NEC 4570A *

CUstom Phase.... (still choosing...)
GPU water cooling...*

and case ect.... and fans.....

hope full should be nice... also im going to get a celeron and OC it to its death!!!

Bobo

banned
I thought you were done with computers?

That PSU is the best thing that I ever bought...you'll love it.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
yea.. but the performance boost you get isnt really worth buying a new mobo, and RM with it tough. but yes, its my oppinion
Its a new build, the diea is to build a new computer, hence buying eerything new, that means not using other parts. If you took your philosophy nobody would EVER upgrade there motherboards until they are 15 years out of date, lol

dragon

Archangel

VIP Member
Its a new build, the diea is to build a new computer, hence buying eerything new, that means not using other parts. If you took your philosophy nobody would EVER upgrade there motherboards until they are 15 years out of date, lol

dragon

nope.. the performance upgrade isnt worth the extra expensies on a motherboard etc i said. since the 4400+ is very good already.
if it was a 2500+ athlon xp or so.. ofcourse it would be worth the money.
i thought that would be clear.. lol

Ku-sama

banned
doesnt matter now, does it? manks gave up computers, no more need to talk about the subject, there have been alot of arguements about AMD and Intel and crap...

megalowmaniac

Well, ive got my money from working this summer, and im planning to stuff my current projects, and go for performance.....!!

ive so far gone for all of this...:: (* = allready have)

Abit AW9D-MAX
E6400 Allendale
2Gb Team Xtreem PC2-5300 (will do DDR-1000)
X1800 XT *
2 x 160Gb Hitachi's *
Hiper 580W PSU *
NEC 4570A *

CUstom Phase.... (still choosing...)
GPU water cooling...*

and case ect.... and fans.....

hope full should be nice... also im going to get a celeron and OC it to its death!!!

btw: I am pretty sure there's no such thing as "Allendale"

Have fun with your new PC. YOU DESERVE IT!

I reccomend you get ANY video card and save up that extra CASH and wait on DX10

Last edited:

fade2green514

i definitely think its worth motherboard expenses. with an overclock you can effectively get twice the performance compared to the 4400+... thats if you get to around 3.5ghz with it, but 3.2ghz should be easy.
personally, id get the gigabyte DS3 motherboard though, and an e6300. the motherboard will let you raise fsb/core clock from 266 to 550 and above, people have done it with that board before. (266*7 = 1.86ghz, 550*7 = 3.85ghz)

Iluvpenguins

btw: I am pretty sure there's no such thing as "Allendale"

Have fun with your new PC. YOU DESERVE IT!

I reccomend you get ANY video card and save up that extra CASH and wait on DX10

Allendale-the E6300 and E6400 i believe,its their codename while the E6600 and higher are codenamed conroe.

Archangel

VIP Member
i definitely think its worth motherboard expenses. with an overclock you can effectively get twice the performance compared to the 4400+... thats if you get to around 3.5ghz with it, but 3.2ghz should be easy.
personally, id get the gigabyte DS3 motherboard though, and an e6300. the motherboard will let you raise fsb/core clock from 266 to 550 and above, people have done it with that board before. (266*7 = 1.86ghz, 550*7 = 3.85ghz)

wich again would only be if you dont overclock the 4400+ ofc.. but lets not start that again.. ;)

thealmightyone

Does anyone actually KNOW how much more work a C2D does, per clock, compared to an Athlon X2? Simply saying C2D is much better than an Athlon is actually pretty vague.

EDIT: Just did a search, and it looks like C2D does at least 4/3 times more work per clock than an Athlon (and it is apparently possible to do 5/3 times more). Info from here (the 2 paragraphs before and after the diagram).

Last edited: