it's how old?!??

mojo42

Hey guys,

I have this caveman computer (at least that's what i call it) in my room. I was kinda wondering if anyone has heard of it. It's a Packard Bell Multimedia S105. Runs the one and only Windows 95, has a blazing fast Pentium MMX (233 MHz), a beast dedicated video card (2 MB video memory), a massive 3 GB HDD, a colossal amount of RAM (24 MB), and one huge monitor (15" CRT), and all of it weighs like 50 lbs (idk exactly)!!! Anyone heard of it? My aunt gave it to me and I haven't been able to find out anything about it on the net, except ads for memory. No info whatsoever. Just putting this out there. In my mind, it's quite an antique. XD

tremmor

It was a Pentium II. Used to rock in the day. I remember they come out with Pentium III and the comment was You will never have to buy anything else as long as you live. 95 OSR2 was a good system. Everything had to be set up manually. No such thing as auto detect nothing. It was dial up and bulletion boards. No such thing as internet. I had the 8080 processor, PI, PII and never a PIII. just ran from there. For the record 95 was a step up from windows 3.1. Had a 14K modem, 2400K, windows 3.1 and before that there was no windows. Just Dos. And only 4k of memory in the beginning. no such thing as a hard drive. Only had those 8" disc and they were about $2000 for not a matrix. It was type writer style.
Love the old days though.

Last edited: