itunes on vista pc won't recognize my new ipod touch

Jhow

I Just bought a 32GB ipod touch and I can't get itunes to pick it up to sync music with it. I just plugged it into my xp machine and it worked but I want to use it on the vista computer because it's newer, faster, and has a bigger hard drive. I've tried it in different usb ports and still no luck. My ipod video connects. I have the latest version of itunes.

Occasionally I get a message saying unable to connect to iphone because of unknown error. It is a touch so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyone have any ideas or have similar problems? The apple support site sucks.

Vista acts like it is a camera and installs drivers.

xxxalpinexxx80

try reinstalling itunes completely, go in control panal add or remove, then delete apple support and everything related to itunes, then reinstall it, before it did not work with 64 bit software but now it does, make sure it is the lastest since older 1 dont work with 64bit. good luck

royalmarine

I Just bought a 32GB ipod touch and I can't get itunes to pick it up to sync music with it. I just plugged it into my xp machine and it worked but I want to use it on the vista computer because it's newer, faster, and has a bigger hard drive. I've tried it in different usb ports and still no luck. My ipod video connects. I have the latest version of itunes.

Occasionally I get a message saying unable to connect to iphone because of unknown error. It is a touch so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyone have any ideas or have similar problems? The apple support site sucks.

Vista acts like it is a camera and installs drivers.

i had the exact same problem with my brother's ipod today!

my soloution was this
1: go to control panel, programs & features
un-install itunes.
un-install apple update software
un-install quicktime

2: go to control panel, go to system, go to device manager, find the ipod, right click and select un-install driver.

3: restart the computer and un-plug the ipod.

4: when the pc is back on, download the latest itunes setup from here
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

5: install itunes and relevant quicktime etc.

6: dont start itunes yet.

7: plug in your ipod and ensure it beeps and starts to charge. its advisable to plug it directly into a usb port on the back of the motherboard.

8: start itunes.

9: it should work now as it did for me! :)

Jhow

I went through all these steps and still have had no luck. anybody have any other ideas?

JlCollins005

try googling for other programs that work similar to itunes i had a couple but forgot the names of them.. and see if they let u connect