iTunes to Mp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishwhistle

I've got a friend who wants to convert her iTunes music (m4p) to Mp3 and I was wondering if someone could help. I myself don't use iTunes and I know many of you don't, but is there anyone that could help? Thanks! :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
My dad bought the program TuneBite. You have to buy the full version to convert the whole song though.

Vizy

lol, I like Apple for the OS and I don't have an iPod, hence I don't use iTunes. Besides... iTunes ain't free is it now? :D

Thanks guys! I'll take a look into those. :)

iTunes IS free. you silly goose.

goose.gif

cohen

if you do end up buying songs from itunes if you want to play that song you have to authorize your account because it has a protection on it... so i just go to audacity... hit record out (what i hear) and then play the song, then export as MP3 so the everyone in my house can listen it without any dramas! :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
if you do end up buying songs from itunes if you want to play that song you have to authorize your account because it has a protection on it... so i just go to audacity... hit record out (what i hear) and then play the song, then export as MP3 so the everyone in my house can listen it without any dramas! :D

There are things out there that let you strip the DRM off the song, and Apple actually sells some songs with no DRM to begin with. They do that so the record companies don't put a stomp on the ITMS.

cohen

There are things out there that let you strip the DRM off the song, and Apple actually sells some songs with no DRM to begin with. They do that so the record companies don't put a stomp on the ITMS.

is it legal software??? if so can you link me....

tlarkin

VIP Member
is it legal software??? if so can you link me....

Check out versiontracker.com there should be something out there. Stripping DRM is most likely considered illegal, but it is a gray area so I won't discuss it further. I have also never used it personally, I just know of its existence.

cohen

Check out versiontracker.com there should be something out there. Stripping DRM is most likely considered illegal, but it is a gray area so I won't discuss it further. I have also never used it personally, I just know of its existence.

cool thanks - i'll check it when i get home

Status
Not open for further replies.