ITX Build

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by OmniDyne, Jul 18, 2018.

1. OmniDyne

OmniDyne Member

I've been thinking of transitioning to an ITX build. I no longer have any interest in gaming, and the case I currently own is really too big for my needs. I was thinking of either selling the entire system or maybe keeping the 8400 and RAM, then selling the rest.

I was looking at some guides and what not. You guys have any experience or advice about going this route?

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Well-Known Member

You're probably better off parting it out for eBay, or list on this forum and other computer forums.

3. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

What's your current build look like? You might be able to keep more than just the CPU and ram.

4. Cisco001

Cisco001 Well-Known Member

5. OmniDyne

OmniDyne Member

I've got a GTX 970 Founders, an HDD, an SSD, and a CX550M power supply.

Thanks Cisco, but that's really not much smaller than the Corsair case I currently own.

I was thinking of something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147131

6. Shlouski

Shlouski VIP Member

I had an itx build once, the reduction in size compared to a small matx really wasn't worth the extra cost and trouble in my opinion, but it was a fun project.

Darren likes this.
  7. Deerling7

Deerling7 Active Member

8. Cisco001

Cisco001 Well-Known Member

i agreed.
    I have itx and built one for my brother.
    My brother's motherboard faulty after 3 years of use (overhead due to he never clean dust filter) and it is really hard to find a cheap one to replace. You don't want to spend £100 to replace mitx mobo with old build.
    I end up grabing a dirt cheap second hand matx motherboard and a dirt cheap case and selling the itx case.