iv just found what was causing the 78c temp reading

Drastik

its not the psu because that isnt connected to the motherboard, the reading is coming fro mthe rear 120mm fan (it must have a sensor, idk), but im stumped as to whats causing that reading, its cant be the processor because that is 28c at idle, it cant be the gpu because that is 30 c at idle, the mb temp is 30c also.
could it be the amount of warm air passing through the exhast fan that is causing the reading? i know the reading is coming fro mthe 120mm fan, because the power/aux reading in pc wizard and the chassis fan reading in the Easy tune utility are both the same

i still dont get the rear fan reading though, nothing but cool air comes out of it

Bacon

Could be a broken sensor. Since the HDD temp is missing from the picture that could be it, but its not reading correctly.

Aastii

VIP Member
it could also be because you used speedfan?

Like i said in your other post, trust your fingers over programs, touch your heatsinks over the major stuff, your processor, northbridge, graphics card etc aswell as your HDD(s) and your PSU.

If none feel hot then it is either because you are using speedfan, which isn't exactly 100% reliable or, like was said by bacon, could be a broken sensor

Drastik

it could also be because you used speedfan?

Like i said in your other post, trust your fingers over programs, touch your heatsinks over the major stuff, your processor, northbridge, graphics card etc aswell as your HDD(s) and your PSU.

If none feel hot then it is either because you are using speedfan, which isn't exactly 100% reliable or, like was said by bacon, could be a broken sensor

nah i used pc wizard too and it gave the same reading. but i dont know what it is because im getting good readings for all major componants

StrangleHold

Staff member
I told you in another thread. Its the PSU reading. If the PSU is not giving a reading out/or is not connected to give a reading, the program will give a way over the top temp.

Drastik

I told you in another thread. Its the PSU reading. If the PSU is not giving a reading out/or is not connected to give a reading, the program will give a way over the top temp.

hmm why does it do that? do the sensors sense the heat off the psu? lol idk, the psu seems fine though

Aastii

VIP Member
hmm why does it do that? do the sensors sense the heat off the psu? lol idk, the psu seems fine though

did you read what he put? There isn't a fault with it:

Meaning it either doesn't have the sensor in it OR the sensor isn't sending a reading, so the program makes one up as it were. It obviously isn't running that hot and you know it, what you can see, smell, touch or hear is more accurate than pixels on a screen, they can't actually see what is infront of you

Drastik

did you read what he put? There isn't a fault with it:

Meaning it either doesn't have the sensor in it OR the sensor isn't sending a reading, so the program makes one up as it were. It obviously isn't running that hot and you know it, what you can see, smell, touch or hear is more accurate than pixels on a screen, they can't actually see what is infront of you

ok cool