Iv Unplug My Computer At Least 10 Times This Week.... What could go wrong?

Drastik

Ok, iv asked this question before but never could get it to sink in :p
But i was playing a game this week and my computer didnt like it somehow so computer keep freezing, so i had to upplug my computer, and this happened multiple times.
Nothing wrong yet, but what could go wrong? and is there a fault in the near future that i dont know about?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
are you asking what could go wrong by unplugging your computer while still powered on?

I'm not sure but I'd imaging a number of things such as burned out motherboard and or components attached to it. and here's one that I did aprox. 5 years ago :). I just unplugged it by accident (thought i was unplugging somthing else) when I plugged it back in my hard drive was FUBAR. You may be able to do it several times if your lucky but eventualy I'd imaging it will result in some type of failure. took me just once.

It's better to power it off in those situations with the power button then unplug it from the wall... You might have to hold in the power butting for several seconds before it powers off. Even better if your computer has a reset switch as with alot of computers then use that.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong yet, but what could go wrong? and is there a fault in the near future that I dont know about?
Well its something you should do. Fix the problem. Not the symptom :)