Java Virtual Machine :-((

fofo20004

Hi all,

I've setup recently MS Windows XP at my new pc.. but it doesn't contian or support JAVA Virtual Machine. And as a result I can't either browse many websites nor logging into chat sites....
As a bignner, I don't know what to do :confused: . I tried to search for it at Google.com to dowload Java virtual machine, and I aleardy downloaded some softwares, but when I setup them, an error messege tells me: this is for updating an existing virtual machine... And I can't do anything more as I've tried so much times. :(

so, anyone thankfully send me the java virtual machine or a link about it, to download it.

Thanks for your time and reading this

Waiting your replies.
bye :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
There is Sun Microsystem's JVM and Microsoft's JVM.

Many new comps (because of Sun Microsystem lawsuit) with XP v1.0 and IE 6.0 did not have Microsoft JVM, I thought they fixed that with XP service pack 1. I would try Windows Update.

And Opera and MS JVM dont work well. Use Sun JVM for opera and Netscape and MS JVM with IE.

FSB

for example (for those of you using Opera) go here http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php and click on anything from those lists and in the last box it should display a new list (drivers, utilities... etc)
I've tried a lot of opera versions, and none of them did that...
(not sure it's java though.... but it's a bug)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok

Try this :Here. This is teh SUN version and works great for me. The MS one got realley messed up and I had to use this instead. Must say that so far I am sattisfied.

JAN :D