Just a quick build check...

Um, without adding that motherboard listed above it comes to $1,161.91. (USD)

OK, well we can do better for that.

I'll do a build for you now, for $1,100 US

OK, Here we go:

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275 - $104.99
CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017 - $199.99
Ram - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122 - $79.99
Hard Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136 - $79.99
Video Card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127358 - $294.99 ($274.99 after mail in rebate)
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047 - $109.99 ($99.99 after mail in rebate)
PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341002 - $114.99 ($79.99 after mail in rebate)
CPU Cooler - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223 - $53.99
DVD Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135157 - $31.99
OS - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116493 - $179.99

Total - No Rebates - $1,170.91
Total - Rebates - $1,105.91

This is a good build, you can downgrade the CPU to a Q6600 if you would like to save money, but this is a good build.

Enjoy

Alright! It would be greatly appreciated! I would love to get the most for my money!

This Build will be well worth your money!
 
Last edited:
Hey! That looks great, thanks! I'm not sure I like that case so I would probably upgrade that to the Antec 900 like I had previously. And how does that 4850 compare to Nvidia's cards?
 
Here's a quick throw-together. Suggestions are welcome. I'd really like to stay around the $1100 price-range. Let me know how I did. This isn't going to be used for any heavy gaming or anything, but it does need to last a few years.

Well, now that I think about it, you probably could spend less if it's not going to be used for gaming.
 
It needs to have a nice graphics card, but it doesn't need to be able to play Crysis or anything. I think the 4870 is overkill. Also, keep in mind that that $1100 price needs to include Windows XP SP3.
 
Hey! That looks great, thanks! I'm not sure I like that case so I would probably upgrade that to the Antec 900 like I had previously. And how does that 4850 compare to Nvidia's cards?

That is a 4870 which is very good, these are very good cards, and a lot of people are happy with them.

Well, now that I think about it, you probably could spend less if it's not going to be used for gaming.

Well that is good for both gaming and will be fast for general use.
 
I think I'm probably going to drop the Graphics card to a little slower so that I can afford a nicer Motherboard. That's the heart of the computer. I don't want to skimp there. Also, I need to be able to afford the Windows XP SP3 in the price of that $1100 too.
 
I think I'm probably going to drop the Graphics card to a little slower so that I can afford a nicer Motherboard. That's the heart of the computer. I don't want to skimp there. Also, I need to be able to afford the Windows XP SP3 in the price of that $1100 too.


OK, well i have editted the build on the previous page.

I have dropped the CPU and added in the OS, get windows vista ultimate. it is very good and now the SP1 is out, it is very good.
 
OK, Here we go:

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275 - $104.99
CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017 - $199.99
Ram - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122 - $79.99
Hard Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136 - $79.99
Video Card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127358 - $294.99 ($274.99 after mail in rebate)
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047 - $109.99 ($99.99 after mail in rebate)
PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341002 - $114.99 ($79.99 after mail in rebate)
CPU Cooler - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223 - $53.99
DVD Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135157 - $31.99
OS - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511 - $89.99

Total - No Rebates - $1,080.91
Total - Rebates - $1,015.91

This is a good build, you can downgrade the CPU to a Q6600 if you would like to save money, but this is a good build.

Enjoy



This Build will be well worth your money!

I can't stand Vista. Windows XP Service Pack 3. That's what I need.

OK, done.
 
I still feel like that Graphics Card is a little overkill. Yeah, it's nice and all and if it were meant to be a pure gamer machine, then I would do it, but my thought is that I can save some money on something that is more important to me. It's going to be in an office and just needs to be able to stay up to date with the next OS that Microsoft releases.

I also really like the Antec 900. I have used them in previous builds and they have been perfect.

I feel like that Mobo might be a little cheap. I want something a little bit more...you know?

And the Q6600 is great, but I really prefer the other CPU. There is a HUGE performance gain jumping from 6MB to 12MB of Cache...
 
I still feel like that Graphics Card is a little overkill. Yeah, it's nice and all and if it were meant to be a pure gamer machine, then I would do it, but my thought is that I can save some money on something that is more important to me. It's going to be in an office and just needs to be able to stay up to date with the next OS that Microsoft releases.

I also really like the Antec 900. I have used them in previous builds and they have been perfect.

I feel like that Mobo might be a little cheap. I want something a little bit more...you know?

And the Q6600 is great, but I really prefer the other CPU. There is a HUGE performance gain jumping from 6MB to 12MB of Cache...

OK, well your better the get the latest card, and a lot of people will agree with me.

I see your point with the CPU though, and the case is up to you.
 
I think either one of these cards would be perfect for what you are looking to do. They are both great cards and very popular, of course you want be able to run Crysis on very high, but there great for everyday use, and gaming here and there. Just depends how much you want to spend. Also both are SLI ready, so if you get an SLI mobo, and somewhere down the road you need to upgrade, you can just stick another one in there. Hope this helps.

8600GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229

8800GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319
 
Awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to stick with the 8800GT. I have that exact same 8600GT in my current build (in sig) and the fan is ridiculously loud. I know that I can buy a fanless cooler, but that costs extra money and effort. Haha.

I think the 8800GT will be fine. Here is my list so far. There are a few tweaks and changes that I made:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115042
OS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116515
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
Thermal Grease: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182032
Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151155

Again, suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to get the best system for my money. Thanks!
 
Back
Top